Poll: Will keep it until . . .
Poll Options
Will keep it until . . .

Posts: 855 | Thanked: 612 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Germany
I just got a new one as a repcaement, so it'll last a few years maybe

Me.

Like stayloa above, I too am still finding new things to do with the n900. For example this week where I learned that if you set the alarm and turn off your phone, then the alarm will still go off, then I learned that we can run blender 3D on the n900! (old to some, new to me and still very cool)

Now I'm still trying to teach my self python and with the Raspberry Pi coming arriving soon, there will no doubt a whole new era of tinkering fun with the n900 coming as we use it to manipulate th R-Pi.

Still gonna get an n9 too.

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
I have one left, and will keep it. However I wouldn't mind buy a new one who doesn't have the white spot issue :/ So I am checkin tradera.se alot latelly for a second N900

Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
amen

ten chars

Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
I have one left, and will keep it. However I wouldn't mind buy a new one who doesn't have the white spot issue :/ So I am checkin tradera.se alot latelly for a second N900
White spot issue?

Posts: 28 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Pakistan
glad to knw =) most n900 owners love it =D actually any person who can learn to use it will love it ;D

Posts: 84 | Thanked: 45 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Damascus Syria
I'll not keep my N900 untill it dies....
but raher I'll keep it untill I die

edit: one day I remember when my N900 stopped booting and before reflashing it I used to just get it in my hands and look at it. I don't know but I feel that there is something captivating in its shape/cover irrespective of its wonderful OS side.

Last edited by AnasSyria; 2012-04-22 at 11:22.

Posts: 28 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Pakistan
Originally Posted by AnasSyria View Post
I'll not keep my N900 untill it dies....
but raher I'll keep it untill I die
hahahha wow

same here i got 2 n900
i just cloned them so if one dies i got another one with the exact setup...

(bought it from my sister for 100$ its the replacement from n97 when she complained to bbb because nokia wont give her money back, its either new n97 which she dont want or n900, im happy because thats when i started to play with n900 and bought one myself) btw she uses s2 now.

Posts: 701 | Thanked: 585 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ London, England
Originally Posted by MINKIN2 View Post
White spot issue?
If you have a mostly white screen (e.g. a web page with a white background) you may notice bright spots in the display. All three of my N900s have this issue to a greater or lesser extent, are there any that don't suffer from this to some degree?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to retsaw For This Useful Post:

Tags
buysomethinelse, trailing edge