Posts: 140 | Thanked: 95 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Andromeda Galaxy
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
you'd better opt-in for 1.1.2.15, it's really awesome
It looks awesome indeed.. I will try to update later Thanks

Posts: 211 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Oct 2014 @ Finland
Hi Coderus,

Propably a dummy question, but is there possible to make patch that would unapply all the patches that are applied? (And if someone wants also the patch that apllies all the patches?)

Would that be possible to create?

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,700 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
just copy contents of all patches to one file

Originally Posted by R1v3r View Post
Hi Coderus,

Propably a dummy question, but is there possible to make patch that would unapply all the patches that are applied? (And if someone wants also the patch that apllies all the patches?)

Would that be possible to create?
I'd say it's not possible. Patches are defined as changes to configuration files (like, which file is changed and in what way). You can't make a patch that unapplies all other patches, because you don't know what changes other patches have done.

It would be nice if Patchmanager had a command "unapply all". That could be done. It would just unapply all the patches that have been applied, one by one. You could use that before a system update. And similarly there could be a command to re-apply those patches after updating.

But no, there can't be a patch to do that.

Posts: 211 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Oct 2014 @ Finland
Originally Posted by ssahla View Post
I'd say it's not possible. Patches are defined as changes to configuration files (like, which file is changed and in what way). You can't make a patch that unapplies all other patches, because you don't know what changes other patches have done.

It would be nice if Patchmanager had a command "unapply all". That could be done. It would just unapply all the patches that have been applied, one by one. You could use that before a system update. And similarly there could be a command to re-apply those patches after updating.

But no, there can't be a patch to do that.
This was just what was in my mind when writing the latest post

But I think that it would be configured to the Patchmanager itself

Best Regards,
Mikko

@coderus i found a possible bug regarding your add second page to events view patch . it works well but when i open events view in landscape orientation and swipe to the second page it automatically turns to portrait mode . not really a bug but sometimes it gets annoying

Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
Just removing patches and then patchmanager usually helps.
But there are still patches that I can't unapply, so I can't uninstall them. Isn't there a way to just wipe everything and restore the default QML files?

Originally Posted by Kabouik View Post
But there are still patches that I can't unapply, so I can't uninstall them. Isn't there a way to just wipe everything and restore the default QML files?
sure, just reinstall appropriate packages

Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
That's exactly what I did with Eventsview, but it still fails to unapply (even during installation of the updated package).

@Kabouik you need to remove patchmanager to purge patches cache.

Tags
patchmanager, sailfish os