Notices

Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by fab View Post
- Last but not least: some child memos are lost when editing the parent one.
The child memos should re-appear when you click on the parent again. It's an issue with GtkTreeView's expand/collapse.

That said, you are free to use an older version of MaePad that is missing the new features but still has the tree structuring in place

really nice app..thanks as i use it daily for my planning
I would like to request the following feature
1. in the checklist, i would like the percentage displayed at the end of each checklist name. this can appear in the first page only. example, of 5 items if 1 is checked and 1 crossed and first page can show that 40% is complete. maybe a color shading can be shown as well.
2. the checked or crossed items should move to last in list
3. facility to uncheck all items so we can use as a repetitve shopping list

thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to leojab For This Useful Post:
i think i found a bug on ver 1.9:

Create a sketch or anything, than rotate the phone either to landscape or protait, the sketch disappears. anyone have the same issue?

The Following User Says Thank You to bobbydoedoe For This Useful Post:
Posts: 241 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
I love to use Maepad since I got my N900, but I am kind of annoyed of the save-prompt when closing the app. Is there a config file like setting to enable autosave? Even better if every change would be saved immediately.

The Following User Says Thank You to raily For This Useful Post:
Posts: 330 | Thanked: 97 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ saudi arabia
Love this APP, so handdy and helped me orginize my life.

but i have problems with sketch when doing on portrait mode using CCSU portrait mode. the drawing suddenly disappears when rotating portrait and back.

also,
the fonts in the notes return to Sans. even when i change it and close maepad and return back i find the fonts and all my writing returns to default which is sans.

can you help please

Originally Posted by lolloo View Post
but i have problems with sketch when doing on portrait mode using CCSU portrait mode. the drawing suddenly disappears when rotating portrait and back.
Use the forced-landscape mode in the CSSU. MaePad isn't suited for running in portrait mode when using the sketch feature. All the other views (checklist, main view and rich text) should work as expected, though.

Originally Posted by lolloo View Post
the fonts in the notes return to Sans. even when i change it and close maepad and return back i find the fonts and all my writing returns to default which is sans.
That's a bug in wpeditor. I'm not sure if there's a bug open on bugs.maemo.org, but search it for wpeditor. There's also still a bug with bullet-point lists.

Originally Posted by bobbydoedoe View Post
i think i found a bug on ver 1.9:

Create a sketch or anything, than rotate the phone either to landscape or protait, the sketch disappears. anyone have the same issue?
I concur, this bug is a pain in the balls.

Ditto above - guess one just has to use the force-landscape from the CSSU when using Maepad. Could Maepad interact with this feature to turn it on when the sketchpad's in use?

Not sure it's a bug with Maepad or "osso notes generator" (as per meta-tag). When exporting a document (rtf note) to HTML, there is a noticeable amount of unclosed tags, unexpected carriage returns and out of date html syntax.

Immensely handy programme!

Originally Posted by demolition View Post
Ditto above - guess one just has to use the force-landscape from the CSSU when using Maepad. Could Maepad interact with this feature to turn it on when the sketchpad's in use?
Yes, should be possible. Patches accepted. I don't really have time (and the necessary Scratchbox setup) right now to do this myself, though. Sorry about that. As you suggested, force-landscape mode in the CSSU should fix/workaround this issue for now.

Originally Posted by demolition View Post
Not sure it's a bug with Maepad or "osso notes generator" (as per meta-tag). When exporting a document (rtf note) to HTML, there is a noticeable amount of unclosed tags, unexpected carriage returns and out of date html syntax.
That's actually a bug in libwpeditor, Maemo bug 5500. Feel free to add more information there, but don't expect this to be fixed. I'm not sure if libwpeditor is open and even if it is, if there's anybody still maintaining it :/

Posts: 561 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Spain
I do miss the following:

- Allow new new memos that are children of others. This allowed me to better organize the notes to the level of my mind (previous versions supported).
- More control from physical keyboard (shortcuts, etc)
- Option to enable by default that are recorded the changes made to exit the application.
- Be able to select a memo and share it via email, bluetooth, etc.. Just as an import order received.
- The ability to create notes with files or links to attachments.

The Following User Says Thank You to WhiteWolf For This Useful Post: