Notices

Poll: Which project would you like to win the Desktop category?
Poll Options
Which project would you like to win the Desktop category?

Originally Posted by Helmuth View Post
Personally I don't like something like bribery... advertising is fine and enought. But I don't like "give me votes and I will give you a app".
I concur ... NOT FAIR AT ALL!
Time for new restrictions in the competition rules.

TO SERVE AND TO PROTECT...

Switch MicroB browser User Agent strings

The Beecons will switch between 3 or 4 MicroB browser User Agent strings
Thanks 2 sacal

Bright Display when On Charge, Dim when On Battery
The Beecons will manage to bring backlight to max when connected to power supply, and dim it back when disconected

Poker Dice

The Beecon will let you play a funny Poker Dice Game

On Desktop Dialer Widget

The Beecon will let you dial phone numbers straight from you desktop

O'clocker CPU Frequency Monitor

The Beecon will display different frequencies in graphic format based upon '''/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_cur_freq''' file

Random images from Flickr's 'Most Interesting' pages

The Beecon will display random photos/images from http://m.flickr.com. Change update policies as per your taste.

N900 Overclocking (Thanks Jakiman and all contributors)

The Guide will give you a thorough insight of the N900 overclocking methods with plenty of instructions and tutorials. QBW will provide a GUI Button for switching OC Frequencies

Random Images/Photos Slideshow (4x3 and 16x9 frames)

The Beecon will display random photos/images from a specified directory. Both 4x3 and 16x9 aspect ratios white frames are provided. Change update policies as per your taste.

N900 Mini Monitor (Extras Admission Celebration Edition)!!!

The Beecon will show System Information relevant to Battery, CPU and Load, Uptime, Network/Internet, WIFI and File Systems.

Zodiac Personal Horoscope (Italian + Bonus Read http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...316#post626316)

The Beecon will show your horoscope for the day. It will be personalized with the image/icon of the sign you specify.

Lunar Phases

The Beecon will show the current phase of the moon.

Ebay Item Watcher

The Beecon will watch an item that you specify and will provide a small Photo, Item Number, Current Bid or Buy It Now Price, Time Left for bidding, Bid Count, High Bidder and Quantity.

Internet Traffic Report Live Graphs

The Beecons will fetch some Graphs from the http://www.internettrafficreport.com Internet Traffic Report website. The Internet Traffic Report monitors the flow of data around the world. It then displays a value between zero and 100. Higher values indicate faster and more reliable connections. See http://www.internettrafficreport.com/faq.htm ITR FAQs to learn more.

Today Schedules for TVRage.com Favourites TV Serials

The Beecon will also provide a small miniature if your most favourite Show is aired on the day.

N900 Hard Sleep Mode

The Beecon will put the N900 into Hard Sleep Mode. When pressed, it'll perform the following actions: Set WIFI OFF, Change phone network mode to GSM, Shutdown all network connections, Blank the screen, Lock device

European Soccer Leagues Live Results and Next Matches Beecon

The Beecon will also be able to highlight the match of your favourite Team and display a Green ball if it is winning, Yellow ball if match is tied, Red ball if team is losing, White ball if match is still not currently being played.

World Cup 2010 South Africa - Live Results, News and Next Matches

The Beecon will also provide the most recent WC2010 news and will be able to highlight the match of your favourite Team and display, behind mascot, a Green ball if it is winning, Yellow ball if match is tied, Red ball if team is losing, White ball if match is still not currently being played.

Naive Dice Roller

The Beecon will show a dice that you'll be able to roll by clicking on it.

World Day & Night Zones

The Beecon will display a map of the '''world''' and current position of the '''Sun''', indicating which parts of the Earth are in '''day''' and which are in '''night'''.

European Accuweather Meteo

The Beecon will display the meteo graphs provided by Accuweather.com for Western Europe

MRTG The Multi Router Traffic Grapher

The Beecon will display the graphs provided by the uber-famous MRTG - The Multi Router Traffic Grapher

GMail: New Mail Notifier Beecon

The Beecon will display an empty mailbox icon or a yellow full mailbox icon and the number of new unread messages of the specified GMail account

Italian Ringroads (Tangenziali) Live Traffic Beecon

The Beecon is configured to display Live Traffic graphic status of Milan Ringroads System. Other major cities in Italy are also available: ROME, TURIN, FLORENCE, NAPLES, BOLOGNA!

MLB Major League Baseball Matches of the Day (+tutorial/walkthrough)

The Beecon will display near Real Time MLB Major League Baseball Matches results. The Widget is also capable of showing different icons/images/emoticons according to the result of a Favourite Team.
Thanks 2 gkuenning for alternative script

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to No!No!No!Yes! For This Useful Post:
Hi all, just a kindly request to please keep the voting threads clear for users and testers to comment, all the application entry info should be in the first post(s) or in your own Maemo.org threads.

Voters, please judge on the work that has been done over the 2 month competition period - not what might possibly be coming in the future - this keeps it fair for everybody

All the best to everyone, only a few days left now.. it's nearly all over!

Cybot950 - Control a robot with your N9/N950
SMSPetFeeder - Build a Bluetooth/SMS dog feeder with Qt, N950, and arduino
Nerf950 - Use your N9/N950 to fire a Nerf gun

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kojacker For This Useful Post:
hi,

I am new to the nokia n900, i would like to install Mycontacts but am unable to due to not having the libqtm-contacts package. A google of this has return a few results, none of which install or i can use. Could you please help. sorry for been new to all this.

MS

Posts: 722 | Thanked: 1,223 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by markds50 View Post
hi,

I am new to the nokia n900, i would like to install Mycontacts but am unable to due to not having the libqtm-contacts package. A google of this has return a few results, none of which install or i can use. Could you please help. sorry for been new to all this.

MS
You can install it using x-terminal. Run as root:

Code:
apt-get update
apt-get install libqtm-contacts
Let me know if you run into any issues after that.

My maemo work:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Harmattan:
GeePS - native UI around google maps - GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps".
Shutdown - shutdown and reboot with one click - QuickCall - one click call, skypeout and google voice integration using dial tones.
WakeOnLan - wake computers on your local network.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Maemo/N900:
GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps". - MobWebMail: browser optimized to access multiple gmail accounts
MyContacts: 75 Contacts on your desktop, ring tones per group and more - GeePS: native front-end for google maps
Macuco2 : web browser to access web sites optimized for the iphone - WakeOnLan: wake up computers on your local network
dbBrowser: Simple application to browse sqlite databases

i voted for my contacts..............its a long awaited app....

The Following User Says Thank You to s33 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 146 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Switzerland
Definetly the Queen Beecon Widget.

Originally Posted by fcrochik View Post
You can install it using x-terminal. Run as root:

Code:
apt-get update
Let me know if you run into any issues after that.
I'm fine with all of that i think, but i cannot find the .deb file I need to save to the root to install. Sorry to be a pain.

Originally Posted by markds50 View Post
I'm fine with all of that i think, but i cannot find the .deb file I need to save to the root to install. Sorry to be a pain.
You won't need any .deb files.

Are you trying to install MyContacts using the application manager or did you download the .deb file for it? The application manager is the recommended way because it will handle the dependencies automatically (including libqtm-contacts).

If you decide to install using apt-get, you will need to start the x-terminal and to become root type:

Code:
root
Note: before you can do that you need to make sure that you have installed the "rootsh" package using the application manager.

Then you should be ready to continue (from the x-terminal still as root):

Code:
apt-get update
apt-get install mycontacts
EDIT: If you don't mind please post any other questions to the MyContacts thread directly so we don't add noise to this thread.

My maemo work:
For Harmattan:
GeePS - native UI around google maps - GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps".
Shutdown - shutdown and reboot with one click - QuickCall - one click call, skypeout and google voice integration using dial tones.
For Maemo/N900:
GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps". - MobWebMail: browser optimized to access multiple gmail accounts
MyContacts: 75 Contacts on your desktop, ring tones per group and more - GeePS: native front-end for google maps
Macuco2 : web browser to access web sites optimized for the iphone - WakeOnLan: wake up computers on your local network

Last edited by fcrochik; 2010-07-28 at 18:40.

Congratulations to Queen Beecon Widget!
(...and to all the other great applications on this category)

I would like to thank everybody that voted for MyContacts. The development will continue and I have already several new features ready for the next release - please subscribe to the announcement thread to be notified of the progress.

Last but surely not least: thank you kojacker (and everybody that helped organize) for the initiative! Looking forward to the second edition!

My maemo work:
For Harmattan:
For Maemo/N900:

Last edited by fcrochik; 2010-07-29 at 14:23.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to fcrochik For This Useful Post:

Tags
competition, desktop, voting