Posts: 754 | Thanked: 630 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ London
hello folks

I just copied the code for the desktop widget example from the wiki and compiled it for the N900.

example is HERE

Problems I noticed on the N900.

1. The actions are not selectable sometimes inspite of clicking on them.

2. To get out of the select action are when I click outside on the desktop area and if I lay my finger on any of my application icons it actually opens them, when I should just be getting out of the actions window.

3. If you click on the time , it opens a time selector just like the alarm, and my "done" button appears on the bottom right hand corner and I have my foreca widet also on the bottom right hand corner, strangely when I click "done", it opens the foreca widget application making it seem like the timeselector window doesnt even exist.

Note when you try this widget on your N900 make sure you have a lot of icons or other widgets on your home, so when the actions/time window of this widget opens its actually over your other apps/widgets.

attached screenshots to make the problem clear.

1. when I click on the suspend in the second screenshot the google bookmark opens.

2. when i click outside the action window in the second screenshot lets say top middle , then it opens the googlemaps bookmark.

3. when i click done on the third screenshot it opens the ovi store bookmark.

Anyone tried this example on their N900's ?
Any guess or explanation for this behaviour ?

attached the already compiled lib and desktop file for you to try it on your N900.
copy the lib to
/usr/lib/hildon-desktop
and .desktop file to
/usr/share/applications/hildon-home
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: zip libs.zip (4.2 KB, 87 views)

The Following User Says Thank You to krk969 For This Useful Post: