Originally Posted by Vlad_on_the_road View Post
I don't feel the need for such feature as I'm quite skeptish regarding the usability of the device on desktop mode. What about powering the device while the usb port is used to output screen ? Would it be possible ?
Inductuve charging!

Want to improve the location bar's search capabilities? there's a wiki page for that too...

Originally Posted by TomJ View Post
Inductuve charging!
+1 for inductive charging,

It will reduce wear and tear on the usb and free it up for other uses.

Posts: 381 | Thanked: 336 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Stockholm, Sweden
For all this hdmi and vga and the idea of a laptop replacement, then the formfactor of the N900 isnt good enough. All of that could be crammed into a Neo900v2 that looks something like this.

-For a phone/laptop combo like this i would be willing to pay roughly 1000euro, which also was the pricetag my N9000, N9110, N9500 once had.
(The size suggested is about the same as a wallet, all of the psions, and the atari portfolio which i also once had, would fit in a pocket)

Last edited by electroaudio; 2014-01-12 at 11:01.

Posts: 661 | Thanked: 1,625 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Croatia,Zagreb
That would be actually very useful. Given that something interesting is broadcasting.

Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
+1 for a pocket TV

Posts: 131 | Thanked: 170 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Netherlands
Could you add a small jet engine and a fuel tank as well?
I want the Neo900 to be my laptop/jetpack hybrid and I'd pay more than €1000 for one.
Thanks.

Originally Posted by ffha View Post
Could you add a small jet engine and a fuel tank as well?
I want the Neo900 to be my laptop/jetpack hybrid and I'd pay more than €1000 for one.
Thanks.
Let us know when you will be ready to fly.
Someone could decide to use his device to pilot remotely your Neo900 jetpack.

Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
Originally Posted by electroaudio View Post
For all this hdmi and vga and the idea of a laptop replacement...
I take that as you not supporting to have a HD-video output on Neo900.
The idea with HDMI or VGA is obviously not about "laptop replacement" since a laptop per definitionem has its own built-in display, so why would it need a HDMI port?
The concept rather is about portable "CPU" unit that you can hook up to a stationary set of standard human interface devices like keyboard, mouse, monitor.
Neo900 has the additional benefit that it can get used as a palmtop when no such "workplace docking station" is available. However that's not meant to replace the docking station.

On a much more pragmatic aspect: we have no choice regarding device formfactor, see the fundamentals in post#1 etc about why and how this whole project came to life. If we could design our own case and formfactor, we would have started an entirely different project.

Last edited by joerg_rw; 2014-01-12 at 22:32.

Posts: 381 | Thanked: 336 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Stockholm, Sweden
Originally Posted by joerg_rw View Post
blablabla
I already know that...
-and you should be aware of the fact that i know that too..

Also, dont write patronizing lectures about what my definition of computer is, i have my definition and my usagecase and you have yours...

Last edited by electroaudio; 2014-01-14 at 12:47.

If we could design our own case and formfactor, we would have started an entirely different project.
What more would be required than a 3D printer and a good CAD designer? Is a 3D printer not good enough or not adapted to do so?