Originally Posted by twaelti View Post
Ok, something for you :-) Latest beta, complete rewrite using API V2
- Routing
- Traffic and Wikipedia layers
- Very clean design
How to use:
- Search an address? Type it into left textfield, hit ENTER
- Wanna route? Type destination into right textfield, hit ENTER
- Want to see routing description? Hit #-Button or scroll down manually.
Tip:
- Hitting empty area of textfield will select all content, just type to overwrite.

Have fun, will be back tomorrow. Time for Halloween...argh
I think you need to increase the opacity on the buttons a bit. Looking better though for sure.

Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
Nice. I don't think the arrows are needed because you can use touch to navigate. As long as its clear to user that touch can be used though.

My other point is still the text. Heck, I have no clue what 'W' exactly is.

Roads -> Show car icon (preferably several vehicles which make sense e.g. also bicycle if map is useful for bicycling)
Hybrid -> Show a car (on left) which fades ('glue') into a satelite (on right) icon
Satelite -> Show a satelite icon
Terrain -> Show a mountain (preferably an other terrain related object, like a tree)

Icons can also be hidden in similar way the mouse cursor is hidden in browser.

Together with circle to zoom in and out would mean no icons are in use or viewed by default.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to allnameswereout For This Useful Post:
Posts: 805 | Thanked: 440 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Mississauga, On
Originally Posted by allnameswereout View Post
Nice. I don't think the arrows are needed because you can use touch to navigate. As long as its clear to user that touch can be used though.

Roads -> Show car icon (preferably several vehicles which make sense e.g. also bicycle if map is useful for bicycling)
Hybrid -> Show a car (on left) which fades ('glue') into a satelite (on right) icon
Terrain -> Show a mountain (preferably an other terrain related object, like a tree)

Together with circle to zoom in and out would mean no icons are in use or viewed by default.
Very true, kill the arrows, as it is pretty intuitive.

I too have no idea about those keys.

And unless you can get the icons designed in a similar style, I'd keep to the text.

Posts: 395 | Thanked: 137 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Boone, IA
Heck, I have no clue what 'W' exactly is.

It's shows a Wikipedia layer(?)

I have not had a chance to play with this on my N800. However it is a really nice streamlined GMap on my laptop

Great job!

Thanks
Matt

N800 (retired...soon to eBay)
Favorite Apps: CommunitySSU,DiabloTurbo, Flipclock, Keepnote, Dialcentral, Gizmo5 ,MediaBox/pyFMradio, Telescope,Diablo5 theme, Tear, Personal Menu/Launcher, OMWeather,Blubbels, Advanced Power/Backlight...now to play with Garnet6...

So what's the difference between this and simply go to Google site and check it out?? It'll be nice if you can get the Google Nav...like they did with the Droid w/ voice direction.

Posts: 67 | Thanked: 101 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Londrina, PR - Brazil
Originally Posted by romanianusa View Post
So what's the difference between this and simply go to Google site and check it out?? It'll be nice if you can get the Google Nav...like they did with the Droid w/ voice direction.
Try to use maps.google.com on a small screen and you will undestand

The Following User Says Thank You to puelocesar For This Useful Post:
Hey, this is lots of fun ! I'll download the page and see if I can make it speak French :-)

Nice UI twaelti,

I don't know is N900 screen bigger than N800 screen. On N800, the scroll bar block some part of the map

N900 is a bit smaller than N8x0, but same resolution. The difference is having or not having a scrollbar. In Maemo4 (Diablo) you can use the Tear browser instead of MicroB : it's faster and you can configure it to not show scrollbars.

Posts: 883 | Thanked: 980 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Bern, Switzerland

Do you have a N900 or the final SDK? The way the browser works doesn not easily allow your ideas, that's why I've chosen these solutions.
  • You can not circle to zoom in. This only scales the currently displayed page (e.g. map graphics), but doesn't send a zoomIn event or anxything similar that would allow to gain detail.
  • You can not touchnavigate directly, but have to de-activate cursor mode first (swipe from bottom left, then touch appearing cursor icon to disable). Only then you can pan and zoom with your finger. Therefore keeping the pan buttons is more practical.
Right now, there are no icons because I prefer the small, fast, independent single file solution for developing core functionality and UI concepts. Icons are just icing on the cake.
"W" stands for the Wikipedia just like "T" stands for traffic. The final solution will include a manual :-)
Anyone noticed the error banner?

"the idea of truly having a computer in your pocket just moved a big step closer."

The Following User Says Thank You to twaelti For This Useful Post:

Tags
google maps, microb, n900