Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 293 | Thanked: 163 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ beijing-islamabad
Great stuff mzanetti,i could have requested for some thing like that for N900 but still i guess that is a possibility since meecloy been able to run many harmattan apps,its only a matter of time and dependencies.
But still if you could write one code for maemo,it would be great.
off topic : get over with flaring up ,it is of no use .

seriously? This is what I get for writing a free open source app for what I thought was one and the same community?

I do understand that it makes sense to tag the title. Actually I fully agree on that... But common, there's really no need to get crazy about this stuff.

Anyways. As I after all still believe in this community I have ported it to Fremantle. Of course i had to remove the multitouch stuff and the graphics are not very polished as I had to replace the MeeGo UI components with standard QML stuff. Feel free to contribute more polished graphics.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to mzanetti For This Useful Post:
Posts: 552 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Not decided
Great application. Thanks for your effort dude. These missing applications make the community better and better.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to anapospastos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Originally Posted by mzanetti View Post
Anyways. As I after all still believe in this community I have ported it to Fremantle. Of course i had to remove the multitouch stuff and the graphics are not very polished as I had to replace the MeeGo UI components with standard QML stuff. Feel free to contribute more polished graphics.
That is an awsome answer to this kind of sterile debate. Now the tag in the title is useless, but I suggest you to leave it just because you deserved it! Great work, thanks for your efforts. Too bad I have no AR.Drone (I focus on some Blade helis!).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
seriously? This is what I get for writing a free open source app for what I thought was one and the same community?

I do understand that it makes sense to tag the title. Actually I fully agree on that... But common, there's really no need to get crazy about this stuff.

Try to ignore the grumpy ones

I think it's a great application, and I love to see more of this stuff. I just wish I had an AR Drone to test it out with I had plans of creating my own quadcopter.. well maybe someday if I finally get myself in gear..

By the way, as it's just been released would you be interested in entering it into our coding competition? From the sounds of it, FlyMee would make a great entry in the 'Other' category - have a look at the wiki and see what you think That also goes for PlayMee, I think it would fit well in the Multimedia category

It doesn't cost anything to enter and at worst you'll get some extra exposure of your applications. If you're lucky you might also get a prize out of it, so I hope you'll have a think about it

Cybot950 - Control a robot with your N9/N950
SMSPetFeeder - Build a Bluetooth/SMS dog feeder with Qt, N950, and arduino
Nerf950 - Use your N9/N950 to fire a Nerf gun

Last edited by kojacker; 2012-06-27 at 23:58.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kojacker For This Useful Post:
Posts: 426 | Thanked: 374 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Middle East
dude this is awesome! I can't wait to try it.. My friend tried but he said the app crashed after a.while? Maybe it's his phone. Great work for the community and the sissy complain boxes

Originally Posted by kojacker View Post
Try to ignore the grumpy ones
*Grumpy one. Anyway, like you said, it's time to move along and ignore him completely.

But yeah, the developer saved me at least 200 bucks because now, I can use my N9 to control the drone. Man, I can't wait to get one!

Btw, how much power does this consume? Have you done tests on how long it takes for the phone's battery to completely drain just by using the app (from a full charge, of course)?

Last edited by lifeintheblitz; 2012-06-28 at 00:53.

Posts: 114 | Thanked: 61 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Beijing, China
Dunno what the guys @ 2~15 floor are quarreling about 'cuz HE PROVIDED DOWNLOAD LINKS FOR BOTH FREMANTLE AND HARMATTAN so waht's the use of arguing over the title? Fremantle and Harmattan should coexist friendly. So do their users.
Anyway, good job you've done porting this! Me don't even have a way to grab an AR.Drone though (Chinese, sigh)

Time to move on. If you can't afford an N950, and don't know how/where to fetch a Jolla, then head for Android reluctantly, or you're stuck. Seriously.

Last edited by AndyYan; 2012-06-28 at 02:18.

The Following User Says Thank You to AndyYan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 470 | Thanked: 399 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Croatia

no, this is what you get when people make a big deal about my completly normal, logical an polite request
oh yeah, almost forgot, and when you call meego-harmattan maemo
btw, thanks for the maemo version, good work

Will it work with AR Drone 2.0 ?