Posts: 359 | Thanked: 162 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Budapest
What a ridiculous bug. Seems new bugs are introduced with every new firmware iteration. Now our phone's calendar only displays events for the next few weeks ahead with nothing beyond? Wow.

Thank you for the workaround. Note that every time the device syncs or restarts you have to repeat this steps...

Posts: 32 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Germany
@wonger: Thanks a lot for your workaround -- it works like a charm
I already thought I had to reuse my paper schedule...

Posts: 181 | Thanked: 106 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Bahrain
hi, i added my google calendar via CalDav
my google calendar has my facebook events/birthdays
but they wont just show up on my n9 calendar.
am i missing something ?

Posts: 359 | Thanked: 162 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Budapest
I wonder if it would be possible to automate wonger's workaround with some sort of script?

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Unfortunately this workaround does not seem to work for me
I have three calendars in the device; "birthdays", "personal" and "calendar", of which the last one is the one I sync with davmail to an enterprise exchange calender. I am running PR1.3 with open kernel on the device.

The funny thing here is that when I first created the synchronization, it worked flawlessly for some time, then I noticed it did not update new appointments any more in the device.

Yesterday I got fed up with it, removed the "/home/user/.calendar/" directory and started over from scratch. Sad thing is, now I cannot get it to update even a single thing from davmail.
Looking at the /var/log/davmail during synchronization, however proves that it does authenticate correctly to exchange, and is receiving masses of html data.

Im having the same issue.. CalDav sync worked flawlessly for a couple of months then it suddenly stopped. Tried the workaround mentioned by wonger and it didnt help.

The Following User Says Thank You to mohannad For This Useful Post:
I confirm that events longer in the future are not visible in calendar even though I don't use any kind of sync. I noticed that I can find and view these events in Search app but that of course isn't practical.

I say, it's a bug and it should be fixed somehow.

Caldav synch worked very well since PR1.3 full reflash (some months ago).
Stopped working since 2 days for one of my two CalDAV calendars (google).
Want to smash this phone.

What can I do ?!

Last edited by KTy; 2012-09-20 at 06:49.

Hello everyone,

As a new N9 owner, I hit this issue pretty quickly and it's quite a big disappointment. The workaround from Wonger works fine (thank you) but it's a pain to have to remember to do this after every restart or sync of future appointments. The functionality is essential to me and, like noetus, I'm wondering if there's any way to script this that could then be set as a cron job and at startup (or even triggered by the sync?)...

I logged into my N9 via SSH, thinking I would have a nose around to see if anything was being logged while the workaround actions took place that could be replicated as a script - but soon realised I couldn't even find any application-specific logs on the system... I'm pretty new to MeeGo.

Sorry for the newbie question but does anyone have an idea if this is a fruitful course of investigation and how/where logging of the calendar actions during the workaround could be activated?

Thanks.

Oh yeah - absolutely love the phone btw.