Hi guys,

I write this thread to deal with the three cases i've bought off ebay! Two so far have been garbage, one has been great!

Hard Silicon Case: This case damages the N900's paint!

It costs roughly $5 delivered. It starts out pretty nice, holds the phone firmly, yet after a week of use the case becomes sloppy and this is the problem. I noticed a week after the loose holding it had taken small specks of paint out of the side of the phone. Nothing too major, yet enough to cause annoyance since this is the purpose of the case.

The damge it caused was this;

My opinion is Don't buy it!

Soft Silicon Case: This case is probably the most unnatractive option to put on your N900.

It has an odd way of holding to the device and adds a considerable amount of bulk to it. All the side ports (usb, headphone jack, etc) now have about half a centremeter of rubber in the way before you can get to them. The top layer of rubber is pretty flimsy in terms of sticking to the device.

My opinion is Don't buy it!

Lamb skin pouch: Nicest case thus far!

I admit the ebay picture looks rather ugly yet in person this is by far the nicest and most protective case/pouch I've had. While it's actually a "pouch" meaning you have to pull it in and out the N900 fits rather snug and looks rather nice in it. If you have a black wallet that matches it looks good together.

On a side note, unlike alot of other leather goods i've gotten off ebay this case doesn't smell and the inside of the case has a nice fabric on it.

Probably the nicest thing i've used thus far. I recommend it!

Last edited by horus; 2010-01-29 at 21:14.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to horus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 932 | Thanked: 278 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Kentucky
I noticed the same problem with the same cover. It is a great idea to have a soft cover. Where did you order your soft cover from?

On ebay again, around the same cost. Covers all the screen that isn't touch too! Link

Thanks for the warning. I've been weighing the pros and cons of screen protector vs case for a while now, and I think I'm going to stay away from hard cases because of your warning.

Maybe once you get the soft rubber case, you can give us a quick review?

Great, I just put mine on 2 days ago. Is it chipping the paint on the outer edge of the display?

i had one too but i got a full body protector around my n900 under the rubber case @@ so i guess it stop the case from scratching my n900

Originally Posted by olighak View Post
A solution to this would also be I guess to buy the full armour from clearprotector. Itīs list price is $24, but entering the "Military" code it goes to $12.
The full armour is really only protecting the battery cover. How much is a replaceable battery cover, might be cheaper...

Posts: 32 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Maryland, USA
I don't own one yet but just looking at the picture of the silicone cases sold on Ebay, it seems that the light sensor will be covered by the case. Is this true?

Originally Posted by nobodysbusiness View Post
Thanks for the warning. I've been weighing the pros and cons of screen protector vs case for a while now, and I think I'm going to stay away from hard cases because of your warning.

Maybe once you get the soft rubber case, you can give us a quick review?
Sure will =]

Originally Posted by osomanos View Post
I don't own one yet but just looking at the picture of the silicone cases sold on Ebay, it seems that the light sensor will be covered by the case. Is this true?
On the soft silicon case the only part I can see in the picture covered is the IR port. A small modification would be easy though.

Originally Posted by neodymium View Post
Great, I just put mine on 2 days ago. Is it chipping the paint on the outer edge of the display?
Yes
Both mine and my friends the same thing happened.

Posts: 346 | Thanked: 139 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Houston Texas
Hey thanks for this thread, I'm gonna get to my n900 in 1 hour when I get home. I had bought this exact same case and am glad I read this thread.

Thanks