Posts: 67 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Denmark :D
Noob here.. I never understood what changing the user agent did to the browser experience :s I hope one of you can explain it to me

Posts: 216 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Mars
Bricked my N9 when rebooting,hahaha,"device malfunction" bla bla bla,any way to recover without flashing back? Im on windows 7

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by ZiiimZooon View Post
Noob here.. I never understood what changing the user agent did to the browser experience :s I hope one of you can explain it to me
For example, gmail.com, mail.live.com, banking sites etc provide better optimised webpages for users of iOS and Android with some only now optimizing for WP7+ too but for other users its their most basic HTML5 webpage.

Get your browser agent changed and see the difference when you visit such sites. It makes the browsing experience much better and refined.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by ThraxZzz View Post
Bricked my N9 when rebooting,hahaha,"device malfunction" bla bla bla,any way to recover without flashing back? Im on windows 7
If you're comfortable using any linux distro e.g. ubuntu via live cd or installation follow the instructions on http://wiki.meego.com/N950/Fixing_MALF_state till step 7.

once device is mounted you can change your /usr/bin/grob file to the original one and also reverse the effects of the script.

If you are only comfortable on windows 7 i'm afraid theres not much you can do without reflashing.

Posts: 216 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Mars
Im confortable with linux,but the problem is,i dont have the linux OS or any cd to boot it from.sad to say,ill have to reflash then,luckily ive backed my data up to nokia suite,LOL

Posts: 67 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Denmark :D
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
For example, gmail.com, mail.live.com, banking sites etc provide better optimised webpages for users of iOS and Android with some only now optimizing for WP7+ too but for other users its their most basic HTML5 webpage.

Get your browser agent changed and see the difference when you visit such sites. It makes the browsing experience much better and refined.
Ahh cool! Thanks a lot

Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
you dont have to use that script, just change ur grob, backup your original grob first, i already change my grob 4x and have no problem

Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
Originally Posted by ibrakalifa View Post
you dont have to use that script, just change ur grob, backup your original grob first, i already change my grob 4x and have no problem
Yes, but if you don't run the script, it won't remain after a reboot.

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
yea, i know, but i dont want to make it permanent,

The Following User Says Thank You to ibrakalifa For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ThraxZzz View Post
Why it gets bricked? :s