Poll: How much would you be willing to pay for a Neo900 (complete device) with TI DM3730 1GHz/512M-RAM/1GB
Poll Options
How much would you be willing to pay for a Neo900 (complete device) with TI DM3730 1GHz/512M-RAM/1GB

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
If the NeoN900 comes out, it will be to a reduced audience than before unfortunately.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
If the NeoN900 comes out, it will be to a reduced audience than before unfortunately.
But when will this be?
Unfortunately I guess you used the right wording

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
But when will this be?
Unfortunately I guess you used the right wording
Sad but true.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,417 | Thanked: 2,619 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Touring
It has always been about the N900 form factor and OS. I would love to do another hardware generation jump and maybe bump back to N800 form factor so we get more LCD area.
Throw a Maemo5 like GUI FOSS Gnu-Linux OS onto it with an APK loading environment and we would have something great and ready for everyday use.
While wishing I also want a pocsag pager module installed so I can leave the cellular modem powered down and can still take incoming pages and callback quickly while operating radio-silent and untracked by corporate and government busybodies.
Internal power, charging, and maybe a strip of GPIOs and serial as well as USB host pads would enable plugging or soldering down striped down USB dongles or other hardware for easy custom aftermarket expansion, similar to the hackerbuss designed for the N900.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to biketool For This Useful Post:
Posts: 339 | Thanked: 1,623 times | Joined on Oct 2013 @ France
Originally Posted by biketool View Post
While wishing I also want a pocsag pager module installed so I can leave the cellular modem powered down and can still take incoming pages and callback quickly while operating radio-silent and untracked by corporate and government busybodies.
Interesting idea. I wouldn't have though the pager network was still in use, having not seen one in ages, but indeed, it is still available !
Tuning an SDR to 466MHz (the band reserved for it in France), I can see a lot a messages going on.
Documentation says it is mainly used by people like emergency services, having a better service than GSM for coverage and robustness.

Thanks for the remainder it still exists !

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Zeta For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,417 | Thanked: 2,619 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Touring
Originally Posted by Zeta View Post
Thanks for the remainder it still exists !
I have a fun email conversation with RMS(Richard Stallman) back in the early Neo900 days where he says offline modem(radio silent) and paging for incoming calls and messages with callback function might convince him to own a mobile phone.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to biketool For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
You need RMS's opinion? Poor you...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
You need RMS's opinion? Poor you...
Nothing poor about that. RMS has also got an opinion for you.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Nothing poor about that. RMS has also got an opinion for you.
I know he has. You know I don't care. I have my own brain, I do not need to ask a random nutcase what to think.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
I know he has. You know I don't care. I have my own brain, I do not need to ask a random nutcase what to think.
If somebody speaks in this way about the man who single-handedly invented the whole ecosystem we call "Linux" today, I doubt he has his own... oh, who cares.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to benny1967 For This Useful Post:

Tags
neo900, thank you!