There seems to be a menu bug in iriverter that ignores the menu selection for "Video Size", even if you choose 400x240 it still converts at 320x240. I noticed that the N800 profile I had contained multiple dimensions, both 320x240 and 400x240. No matter what "video size" I chose in iriverter, it defaulted to 320x240, thus driving me nuts because I could not get full screen video.

By removing 320x240 from the profile it used 400x240. I confirmed this by running the iriver PMP profile in all 3 video sizes and it gave me 3 videos in the first dimension (320x240) listed in the profile. I could never get the larger dimensions via the menu.
So the solution, for now, is to make separate profiles for each resolution desired.
I'm running iriverter 0.16, is there a later version that fixes this bug? Thanks

Posts: 108 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ France
Hi,

Yep, I also noticed this issue. Their is a newer version, based on Java, also working for Linux (http://iriverter.thestaticvoid.org/). Not tested yet.

Having separate profiles for each resolution is not too bad. Java is a deal breaker for me. I like Iriverter because its "portable" and runs off my usb drive.

The default audio sync is a little off so I'll have to play with that.

BTW, N800 Video Converter also runs "portable", is customizable and works fine. I carry both.