Active Topics

Posts: 336 | Thanked: 129 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ portugal
is there any way of enable lockscreen portrait mode? if i set forced rotation it only rotatres to portrait if i press the power button while on landscape and then rotate my n900..if i have the device locked and in portrait and press the power button the lockscreen appears to me in landscape..so i have to install qtlockscreen just because of this feature

The Following User Says Thank You to ed_boner For This Useful Post:
Posts: 804 | Thanked: 1,598 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gdynia, Poland
Originally Posted by marmistrz View Post
Is XClassHint.res_name the same as executable name seen in top?
We can continue discussion at talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?p=1213808 as this is off topic here

Posts: 238 | Thanked: 291 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ London, UK
Is there anyway to change the name of Operator Name Widget to "Operator" or something generic?

Furthermore, I also wanted to inform that I do not get any Cell Tower Information etc even though I have enabled all the options. Is it something to do with the Cell Broadcast Channel? I have no idea in this regard.

The Following User Says Thank You to fareed_xtreme For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by fareed_xtreme View Post
Is there anyway to change the name of Operator Name Widget to "Operator" or something generic?

Furthermore, I also wanted to inform that I do not get any Cell Tower Information etc even though I have enabled all the options. Is it something to do with the Cell Broadcast Channel? I have no idea in this regard.
I also asked same question. Now I can't change the operator name, also can't see any cell tower info (might be related to channel). If many of the users are not benefited from operator-name-cbs-widget why this was included in CSSU? Any advantage/support for CSSU by including this?

Nokia 3310 -> Nokia 6030 -> Nokia N95 -> Nokia X6 -> Nokia N900 -> Nokia N9 -> Nokia Lumia 1520

The Following User Says Thank You to praveenchand For This Useful Post:
Posts: 539 | Thanked: 518 times | Joined on May 2010 @ nanaurbusiness
Strange Error:

I just updated to latest CSSU using Application Manager (not FAP or xterm) and removed custom-operator-widget before (via xterm)

I'm not sure if the update was supposed to reboot after or shutting down the phone, but it did and now my N900 is dead or at least won't boot any kernel... It just turns off again after an kernel entry was selected.

My setup is U-boot (with omap1 and power50 kernel) + Bootmenu with Recovery Console and Backupmenu (if this mathers)

Any ideas of what just happened? And is there possibly a way to revive the IroN900?

Edit: Ok, after a few attempts to start omap1, power50 and internal nand it finally booted with a nice "Operating system successfully updated" messsage. *happy*

Cheers,

J4ZZ

N900 ~ $ make me a sandwich
-bash: no, make it yourself
N900 ~ $ sudo make me a sandwich
-bash: ok then...

Last edited by J4ZZ; 2012-06-11 at 00:03.

The Following User Says Thank You to J4ZZ For This Useful Post:
Posts: 58 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ philippines
Originally Posted by kent_autistic View Post
can you please describe what exactly is the error?
when i try to flash the phone using the flasher 3.5. to the end of flashing i saw their was an error,my phone will not automatically boot up. when the phone started the sim is not recognized,and not come back to the out-of-the-box software, nw i decided to flash also the emmc,but i saw the image are gone,the letters it will become box huhuhuhu plz help me,

Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
Originally Posted by bugoy View Post
when i try to flash the phone using the flasher 3.5. to the end of flashing i saw their was an error,my phone will not automatically boot up. when the phone started the sim is not recognized,and not come back to the out-of-the-box software, nw i decided to flash also the emmc,but i saw the image are gone,the letters it will become box huhuhuhu plz help me,
What is the error? It's probably something with CMT in it.

Also, re-read the flashing page. When you flash eMMC, you're supposed to flash rootfs with it (as flashing eMMC wipes optified files)

Posts: 237 | Thanked: 502 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Mittelfranken, Germany
Originally Posted by praveenchand View Post
If many of the users are not benefited from operator-name-cbs-widget why this was included in CSSU? Any advantage/support for CSSU by including this?
My guess: one goal of CSSU is to replace closed source parts with open source. That way it can be maintained without the need of Nokia involvement.

The operator widget is one of those closed source parts which is now replaced by os.

One more thing: If you choose to use CSSU testing you are entitled to be part of the testing procedure. If you don't want to have any hassle, go for stable and wait 'til others have resolved issues like interference with other software (like custom operator name widget)

The Following User Says Thank You to Amboss For This Useful Post:
Posts: 286 | Thanked: 615 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Estonia
Originally Posted by g0r View Post
There is a bug back on Modest email in CSSU stable and testing that was fixed on PR1.3 I was mentioned few posts back as this bug was already reported and fixed I am not sure if I have to file/report it again here is the bug report , and the problem has been discussed in this thread . So do I have to file the bug again ?
I can not confirm that bug When I retrieved e-mail messages with modest with the checkbox "Leave messages on server" ticked, then all the messages were indeed successfully left on the server, not deleted. That is the way it is meant in all e-mail client programs. In case of N900 modest the messages were only deleted on the server when you decided to delete them in your N900 modest. (I wonder, why one still wants to keep a message when he/she wishes to delete it, but that's another topic ) I think this was a great feature and I used it successfully all the time to keep my mailboxes at servers clean from unwanted mail and passed-by spam...

Why am I saying "was" is that you "fixed" it in latest CSSU update - so no way to delete unwanted messages at the server. So please add at least an option (another tickbox) in addition to "Leave messages on server" - for example"Until deleted locally"...

Last edited by acrux; 2012-06-11 at 12:45.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to acrux For This Useful Post:
Posts: 91 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Milan - Italy
there is no hope to insert Sim Application Toolkit?

by the way i have installed the last Testing version and, when I enable the operator Widget I have no information, maybe for Voda in Italy we need to use another channel?

Tags
cssu testing