Posts: 36 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Hyderabad, India
Hi all,

After updating my nokia n9 to pr 1.2 around 4 months back i am unable to use the camera. It says "camera not responding. please restart the device and try again."

I have waited for pr 1.3 for this issue to be fixed, but it didnt get fixed, i have tried flashing the device also but nothing helped.
Any solution for this problem?

Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 710 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Beirut, Lebanon
Originally Posted by karthik.cak View Post
Hi all,

After updating my nokia n9 to pr 1.2 around 4 months back i am unable to use the camera. It says "camera not responding. please restart the device and try again."

I have waited for pr 1.3 for this issue to be fixed, but it didnt get fixed, i have tried flashing the device also but nothing helped.
Any solution for this problem?
I have had PR 1.3 a long time ago, but this issue appeared to happen with me since a couple of days ago, it works as a temporal fix by rebooting but no permanent fix yet :/

Make sure that GPS is switched on, this can cause camera app to crash upon start..

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

Posts: 194 | Thanked: 127 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Manchester, UK
I think you mentioned on Twitter that you'd done a comprehensive reset flash i.e. Flashed both the firmware and your image files (on PR1.2). If it was a software problem, I would have hoped that would have solved your camera app problem.

Failing that, an 'update to PR1.3, or even flash with a fresh OS might solve the problem.. Otherwise I fear it could be a hardware issue.

Posts: 36 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Hyderabad, India
Originally Posted by jpfsn View Post
I think you mentioned on Twitter that you'd done a comprehensive reset flash i.e. Flashed both the firmware and your image files (on PR1.2). If it was a software problem, I would have hoped that would have solved your camera app problem.

Failing that, an 'update to PR1.3, or even flash with a fresh OS might solve the problem.. Otherwise I fear it could be a hardware issue.

Even I fear that its a hardware issue... there is no support service for N9 in my country. , I'll have to mail Nokia care and see what they can do

Tags
camera