Notices

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
i was just pondering the opera interface for a bit when it dawned on me that tear actually can hide the toolbar just like opera do.

one thing tho is that it unhides only on dpad center being pressed for a time, and only after its released (so you can hold it down forever and the toolbar will never appear). What if one had a corner icon as well? Or at least fixed it so that the toolbar will appear when held down for long enough, rather then having to release the button first?

btw, seems your bugtracker is having issues, bundyo.

Last edited by tso; 2010-06-03 at 13:35.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tso For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Yes, it has I'll take a look soon.

Posts: 178 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Ireland
Originally Posted by tso View Post
one thing tho is that it unhides only on dpad center being pressed for a time, and only after its released (so you can hold it down forever and the toolbar will never appear).
Thanks. I never realised that pressing the dpad centre will bring up the toolbar when in fullscreen mode in tear.
It always kinda annoyed me that if I wanted to go to a new bookmark I'd have to exit full-screen mode then select from the pop-up menu on the bottom right and then go back to full-screen mode.
D'oh!

In another couple of years I'll probably learn that there's a way to select bookmarks using only the hardware buttons.

The Following User Says Thank You to Fionn For This Useful Post:
would it be possible to make the rss support specify what program to use?

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Originally Posted by tso View Post
would it be possible to make the rss support specify what program to use?
http://thpmaemo.blogspot.com/2009/10...andler-20.html, perhaps?

The Following User Says Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by qwerty12 View Post
http://thpmaemo.blogspot.com/2009/10...andler-20.html, perhaps?
except it do not support setting a random feed reader, like say feed circuit.

The Following User Says Thank You to tso For This Useful Post:
Quick status report: Didn't have much time to work on this the past 1.5 weeks, though WebKit currently builds straight and at the end doesn't work properly... I have the gut feeling that the problem is similar as it was before - some of its dependencies in scratchbox is breaking it. If I try to build it in SB2 it will probably work right away (as last year) but that means that it won't build properly in autobuilder and can't get to extras as it is

I'll try upping flex and bison and if that still doesn't produce working build, I'll try getting it in non-free with source

Any ideas are welcome...

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Bundyo, I'm just thankful you're taking another crack at it. I appreciate it!

I just hope it would work and that I had more time

Currently trying to up libsoup to 2.30 because WebKit heavily uses content sniffing and this also could be a problem (and I tried to ignore it... this is the last dependency before trying SB2)... 2.30 uses some new GLib features though Maybe I'll try with 2.28 if that doesn't work... Nah, just checked, better stay with 2.30.

Last edited by Bundyo; 2010-06-15 at 08:56.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Hi guys,
Could someone help me a bit with my networking issue?

I've built a wall computer using a old 770 "rebuilt" into a picture frame. I've modified /etc/osso-af-init/hildon-desktop.sh, so it only boots the browser, beacuse I'm only using a web app that I built for everything.
I recently switched to Tear, basically because Webkit rocks (and now that I've played with it, Tear does too ).
But I have a big issue with networking since the libwebkit I'm using doesn't try to connect to any networks (libwebkit should send a dbus message?) (I'm not even sure if this is something libwebkit should do, or is it a browser feature).

It used to work automagically, I boot up the thing, it starts the browser, the browser tries to load the page and that triggers the connection.

Any ideas how I could connect the device to the network and reconnect if necessary?
I can't go and connect myself since I don't load hildon-desktop at all.

Oh, I'm using libwebkit-1.0-1, 1.0-svn41137-13 and tear, 0.3.5

Thanks!

PS: I'll post pictures when done

Last edited by DESiBELi; 2010-06-20 at 19:37.

Tags
browserd fix, microb killer, webkit