Notices

Posts: 151 | Thanked: 93 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ sofia, bulgaria
I suppose you are talking about Opera mobile 11 for Maemo.

I found an announcement but I could not find the download link.

http://officialtechnews.net/email/op...d-windows.html

Originally Posted by kossibeibe View Post
New version of Opera is out!

Just downloaded, looks good so far!

Check it out
Playing with it now, I was shocked to see it on my update list, especially because I have an N810.

They fixed the main thing that kept me from using it as my main browser, that stupid zoom thing it used to do. I don't know if that was intentional, but it was a serious usability issue.

The Following User Says Thank You to elliott For This Useful Post:
Hello everyone,

No worries, you're still part of the band! Opera Mobile 11 for Maemo is now on its way into the extras testing repository.

Read all about the new features at the Opera Mobile blog.

One important change I'd like to point out is that zooming in have changed from a single to double click. Instead you can now interact with the page directly in overview mode.

The big news for Maemo is that we now have support for the native on screen keyboard. It is implemented by overlaying Gtk textbox widgets, this means that also the hardware keyboard will work exactly as in other applications.

You can change back to the old input system in the settings, select Advanced, Opera keyboard. The default is to still use the old system for the address bar since the built in Opera keyboard doesn't overlap the auto-complete list.

More from the changelog:
  • New option to use Droid fonts (requires ttf-droid package).
  • Add detailed geolocation settings.
  • Turn off GPS on inactivity.
  • Handle symbolic links to directories in the file chooser.

As always, this version is in perpetual beta and have not gone though the normal QA process, thus the usual warnings and disclaimers apply. We also have a long standing known issue, the browser might not start properly and just show a black window. We've never been able to pinpoint or replicate this problem so it may still be there.

Best regards,
The Smooth Sailing Team @ Opera

The Following 84 Users Say Thank You to ohrn For This Useful Post:
Its comming to Meego and Symbian not Maemo

Originally Posted by ohrn View Post
Hello everyone,

No worries, you're still part of the band! Opera Mobile 11 for Maemo is now on its way into the extras testing repository.

Read all about the new features at the Opera Mobile blog.

One important change I'd like to point out is that zooming in have changed from a single to double click. Instead you can now interact with the page directly in overview mode.

The big news for Maemo is that we now have support for the native on screen keyboard. It is implemented by overlaying Gtk textbox widgets, this means that also the hardware keyboard will work exactly as in other applications.

You can change back to the old input system in the settings, select Advanced, Opera keyboard. The default is to still use the old system for the address bar since the built in Opera keyboard doesn't overlap the auto-complete list.

More from the changelog:
  • New option to use Droid fonts (requires ttf-droid package).
  • Add detailed geolocation settings.
  • Turn off GPS on inactivity.
  • Handle symbolic links to directories in the file chooser.

As always, this version is in perpetual beta and have not gone though the normal QA process, thus the usual warnings and disclaimers apply. We also have a long standing known issue, the browser might not start properly and just show a black window. We've never been able to pinpoint or replicate this problem so it may still be there.

Best regards,
The Smooth Sailing Team @ Opera

Hi

Is the team working on introducing Flash support for Maemo has you have introduced for Android

Thanks for the great work and the fantastic news

where's the download link??

Posts: 533 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Italy
Update it via app manager.
There's no changelog (in the package description).
I tried it just 5 minutes and from what I can see:
-Zoom with double tap
-Added zoom buttons (on screen, the hardware volume buttons don't work)
-Some graphic changes

An additional note,

I remember someone asking about IPv6 once, it's now supported by the browser.

It requires you to have kernel drivers in place and to have IPv6 connectivity of course!

/ohrn

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ohrn For This Useful Post:
Fantastic browser, i really just love it.

Thanks for all the hard work

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Just upgraded to Opera Mobile 11... what an awesome speed!!!!!!

Is it possible to add the Symbol option on Opera? (pressing FN then Ctrl will bring up the Symbol options by default, but doesn't work with opera mobile unless you change it first from the settings)

And how about Flash support?

Keep up the good work guys and thank you for supporting Maemo!!!!

Last edited by HtheB; 2011-03-22 at 08:44.

Tags
fast browser, opera