Active Topics

Posts: 602 | Thanked: 735 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Nantes, France
Just re-installed and it works again. Thanks.

Posts: 93 | Thanked: 87 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Bavaria Germany
Originally Posted by romu View Post
Just re-installed and it works again. Thanks.
Are maps of China downloadable in Android version of here maps for offline navigation?

Posts: 992 | Thanked: 738 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Low Earth Orbit
Originally Posted by DeadHorseRiding View Post
Are maps of China downloadable in Android version of here maps for offline navigation?
All countries that Here Maps supports are available for download, and yes, that includes China.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kureyon For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by kureyon View Post
All countries that Here Maps supports are available for download, and yes, that includes China.
Thanks,
then China comes later to apple phones here maps.

Posts: 81 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Switzerland
Anyone else have difficulties getting wifi internet to work. When I try to download maps, search online etc. when I have wifi I only get "internet connection needed, do you want to connect now" after pressing "settings" I get "function not supported" I was able to DL maps earlier, but have forgotten when it worked the last time. I have never had play store/services installed, they should not be a requirement right.

Posts: 992 | Thanked: 738 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Low Earth Orbit
Originally Posted by DeadHorseRiding View Post
Thanks,
then China comes later to apple phones here maps.
I had some problems with updating the maps on my android device, so I decided to trash all the files, uninstall and reinstall Here maps. Now China, Hong Kong and Macau maps are no longer available for download. There are a few comments/complaints in the Play Store reviews about this. I haven't been able to find any comments from Nokia as to why they suddenly removed China maps.

Originally Posted by kureyon View Post
...on my android device,..reinstall Here maps. Now China, Hong Kong and Macau maps are no longer available for download. ...Nokia as to why they suddenly removed China maps.
How many versions of map data for ?/here/nokia/ovi-maps are there?

Only one fresher but incomplete version for all new clients "Here App" on Google/Apple/Microsoft?
Only one complete but older for old clients =< N9?

Btw, on iOS do not found menu to delete 1 of downloaded 4 offline maps, it is possible in android without uninstall Here-app?

Please vote up if you got the same problems on latest opt-in upgrade with HERE MAPS: HERE Maps flaky GPS with 1.1.4 / Äijänpäivänjärvi

Posts: 602 | Thanked: 735 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Nantes, France
Hi,
I'm facing some troubles with Here Maps Android on the Jolla. Troubles I've never had with the navigation app on the N9.

The problem comes from the guidance advices which may be totally wrong, and can lead, for instance, to get out of the current road (on the right for instance),then turn right, turn right and turn right, and finally, you've made a pretty loop on the journey, without any real need.

I've also experienced to get advices which want me constantly to get out of my current way even if the global direction would be to continue on that way. So, this makes Here Maps a bit unusable, at least for automated navigation.

Anyone else?

The Following User Says Thank You to romu For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Im not using Here as my main navigation anymore, started using Sygic , and without any doubt its better as Here or TT, at least for automated Navigation.

Tags
here maps, navigation