After watching the video it seems that it is really slow and unresponsive... sad thing.

Why does everything on the n900 works so poorly? It locks often, is pretty slow, a lot of programs won't work right and has the worst battery life out of every OS.

But the things it does right it smashes the competition. Browsing and Multi-tasking above all...

Posts: 168 | Thanked: 104 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ California, USA
Originally Posted by onethreealpha View Post
Apn config is available from network settings (under WiFi and Bluetooth) I'm with Telstra in Aus and simply entered the apn name and hit the active context button to trigger 3g data.
Spent most of yesterday at work surfing the web via 3g on it.
BTW, I'm on T-Mobile USA, and also have a working 3G connection, just using 'wap.voicestream.com', no username or password, as noted in the fMMS wiki.

Just opened the terminal app, and ssh'd to a machine @ work... yep, works

I haven't tried MeeGo CE myself, but knowledgeable people have already said that it's slow and unresponsive because it is running off an MMC card.

Originally Posted by jotoco View Post
After watching the video it seems that it is really slow and unresponsive... sad thing.

Why does everything on the n900 works so poorly? It locks often, is pretty slow, a lot of programs won't work right and has the worst battery life out of every OS.

But the things it does right it smashes the competition. Browsing and Multi-tasking above all...

Posts: 362 | Thanked: 426 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Italy, Lombardia
I have tried Summer Release on eMMC (internal MMC) without removing Maemo and MeeGo's eMMC performance are near the same one obtained on SD (Class10 SD).

Sometime it seems more responsive but it could be only a human illusion

Last edited by Fabry; 2011-06-24 at 20:41.

The Following User Says Thank You to Fabry For This Useful Post:
Posts: 362 | Thanked: 426 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Italy, Lombardia
Originally Posted by MastaG View Post
A few questions, I hope someone can awnser them
1. Can the image be extracted and installed to the emmc, if yes some instructions would be great?
Yes it is possible (I have done it)
Of course you need a dedicated partition on eMMC (you cannot mix it with Maemo files as some Nitdroid installations do)

Posts: 474 | Thanked: 283 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Oxford, UK
Originally Posted by Captwheeto View Post
Oh god. Are you serious? I mean... It's a ten minute fix. You just flash it again D: This advice is repeated over and over on the forums. Please don't tell people to die when you're unable to fix the simplest of issues for yourself.
You can't flash if the USB port isn't working or has broken off.

As soon as you install something which prevents the device from booting, then you have to send it to the repair shop to get the USB port fixed, which can take weeks.

A broken USB port doesn't normally cause much problem - everything works over Wifi or BT, and external chargers are cheap. So there are people using their N900 (like me) with broken USB who haven't sent it for repair because not having it for weeks is worse.

For trying Meego on EMMC, on a unit with broken/non-working USB, this is a genuine risk and shouldn't be dismissed casually. Most other installations don't seriously risk making the device unbootable.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jjx For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by lorul2 View Post
I get: unable to install 'uboot-pr1.3'. conflicting application packages kernal-power
i installed uboot-pr13 use x terminal.. apt-get install uboot-pr13

Posts: 1,091 | Thanked: 323 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ ~
Originally Posted by tkatchev View Post
I haven't tried MeeGo CE myself, but knowledgeable people have already said that it's slow and unresponsive because it is running off an MMC card.
Obviously depends on the microsd class. I tried it on a Class 2 yesterday, and yeah it was slow. On a class 10 one should get some nice speeds.

Posts: 218 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ spain
Originally Posted by ripper_sevenfold View Post
i installed uboot-pr13 use x terminal.. apt-get install uboot-pr13
Ooooopppaaa!!

Like this I get:

"The following packages will be REMOVED:
kernel-power kernel-power-flasher kernel-power-modules kernel-power-settings

The following NEW packages will be installed:
uboot-pr13"

Fear here!!

Posts: 439 | Thanked: 192 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ spain-aragon-zaragoza
Originally Posted by F2thaK View Post
edited and re-uploaded video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WgB3sgwz24
hello one question man, flash player in the meego browser , which version?? flash 9? or which?