Posts: 269 | Thanked: 1,096 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hampshire, UK
For myself, I have no use for text prediction, or MSExchange.
I'd like Alien Dalvik in principle, but confess I don't have it installed on my X daily driver, so I wouldn't really miss it.

I had community port on my X and on Gemini, and the only downside I really had in both cases was BT would never connect to my car. When the official SFOS for X came along, BT started working straight away. Not sure on the Gemini - I'd already given up on it when the official version came along

In other news - looks like F(x)tec took their money from my account this morning

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to epninety For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by deutch1976 View Post
The only thing that is leaving me with a litle doubt is the fact of not knowing it FxTec will have Sailfish support and if it will be needed to pay another license to Jolla
There will be community port available and if it is stable enought f(x)tec is seeking official support from Jolla. It was mentioned at f(x)tec forum somewhere.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to FlyingAntero For This Useful Post:
Posts: 697 | Thanked: 1,980 times | Joined on Jun 2015 @ Lisbon - Portugal
Originally Posted by FlyingAntero View Post
There will be community port available and if it is stable enought f(x)tec is seeking official support from Jolla. It was mentioned at f(x)tec forum somewhere.
Will it be available with dualboot? If one day it has Jolla support will it be a paid version?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to deutch1976 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Dual boot is technically feasible but not done yet according to one of the porters, said Chenliangchen on Twitter some days ago. If we have an official SFOS version one day, then yes, I guess we will have to pay for a licence to cover the proprietary features and support, unless they consider previous paid licences (like Sailifsh X) are compatible. But the free community port would still be available.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by Macros View Post
This doesn't change much. I am certain the IMEI wasn't registered when I imported Droid 4s from the USA. I am even more certain the $3 GM Modules I got from Aliexpress have no registered IMEI. So this rule doesn't seem to apply here. And I am happy that the government has to do several more steps to trace my activities by cell towers here. After all I haven't done anything bad.

Also I am quite curious: What happens with tourists who visit?
Do they have to register their phones when entering the country? Do foreign SIMs work regardless of them being in a registered IMEI phone?
Registered with Sprint, not the government. If you're visiting the US, you'd want to bring or borrow a phone and SIM that could roam on T-Mo or AT&T -- and of those two, I'd pick the pink one. IMO it would be a real PITA to try to use Sprint or Verizon CMDA on a short-term basis with imported equipment.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to robthebold For This Useful Post:
Is anyone intending to use this phone on a US CDMA carrier like Verizon or Sprint? I highly doubt I'm the only one in this boat. I'm sure I still have time to cancel my order but I don't want to do that...
Really want to use this phone
I opened a thread on fxtec forums and tweeted them as well. Still no real answer...

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to gtmaster303 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 562 | Thanked: 1,732 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ NYC
Originally Posted by gtmaster303 View Post
Is anyone intending to use this phone on a US CDMA carrier like Verizon or Sprint? I highly doubt I'm the only one in this boat. I'm sure I still have time to cancel my order but I don't want to do that...
Really want to use this phone
I opened a thread on fxtec forums and tweeted them as well. Still no real answer...
Well you could also .... ummm .... wait.

I know it's hard , but wait to see how it's reviewed and others may test it on the networks you need.

x

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xman For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by xman View Post
Well you could also .... ummm .... wait.

I know it's hard , but wait to see how it's reviewed and others may test it on the networks you need.

x
Trying to avoid waiting any longer than I have to, but yes that's still an option. It's unreasonable to think that this phone won't run on 2 out of the 4 major US CDMA carriers. It was built with the proper radios, but there's key info missing regarding how to activate, sim chips to use etc. Just waiting for a concrete answer back from the team

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gtmaster303 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 134 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ France
Well, it seems I missed all the fun this last days .... I hope I'll still be in the first batch by ordering the Pro1 now :|

EDIT : I have also the card declined problem and have to wait until Tuesday for calling my bank :c

Last edited by Astaoth; 2019-08-03 at 23:42.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Astaoth For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gtmaster303 View Post
Can you tell me what SIM card I would need to run this phone on Sprint? Want to make sure I'm all ready to go when the phone comes in
Your out of Luck. No sim card for Sprint in the US and they are CDMA not GSM for voice.

The only two carriers in the US that are GSM are AT&T, T-Mobile

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ka9yhd For This Useful Post:

Tags
a good rabbit, fxtec, hwkbd, keyboard, livermorium, n950 revival, never gives up, qwerty, readyfx, silly rabbit