Notices

Hi,

I've had a quick search of the forums and google but haven't found anything that answers my question.

Would it be possible to port sabnzbd to maemo 5? Or something similar?

I use usenet providers to download binaries a lot & would love to have that functionality on my n900 too. It'd be nice to download a tv show directly to my device sometimes and cut out the pc.

Many thanks,
Dex

I second this motion

Yes it would be possible. I would rather save nzbs onto a server somewhere and have the server do all the grunt work.

Originally Posted by jflatt View Post
Yes it would be possible. I would rather save nzbs onto a server somewhere and have the server do all the grunt work.
I am eventually planning to buy a qnap server that will allow me to do just that via a web interface.

But I thought since there's a bit torrent client for the n900 why not usenet! lol!

It'd be handy when round a friends house to be able to use their wifi & your n900 to just download something.

I have it 'working,' but it slows down the device a lot when it's downloading.

It burns about 50% CPU when downloading, so it's not really feasible to use it for much unless you have a power source handy.

I think getting greasemonkey or something similar to nzbstatus and perhaps a homescreen widget and running sabnzbd on a server would be a better solution in the end.

Edited to add: That CPU usage is based on a download speed between 200 and 300KB/s.

The Following User Says Thank You to wierdo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by wierdo View Post
I have it 'working,' but it slows down the device a lot when it's downloading.

It burns about 50% CPU when downloading, so it's not really feasible to use it for much unless you have a power source handy.

I think getting greasemonkey or something similar to nzbstatus and perhaps a homescreen widget and running sabnzbd on a server would be a better solution in the end.

Edited to add: That CPU usage is based on a download speed between 200 and 300KB/s.
Thanks, perhaps I should just be patient and save up for my Qnap. That'll handle Sabnzbd nicely.

I was a bit surprised at how much load it caused the device. And unrar-free wasn't working at all.

Well, it did a great job of slowing the device down to molasses, but at actually unraring a file? Not so much.

Posts: 127 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Denmark
Well, it's "only" a 600 MHz CPU, so I don't think it's that unreasonable that it won't unpack smoothly..
Was it a "multiple file" .rar archive your were unpacking ?

I'm running sabnzbd at home, but since I don't have a FTP client, it isn't of much use on my N900.
Having sabnzb for downloading that odd freeware Linux mp3 would be cool!

Originally Posted by Dexter1759 View Post
I am eventually planning to buy a qnap server that will allow me to do just that via a web interface.

But I thought since there's a bit torrent client for the n900 why not usenet! lol!

It'd be handy when round a friends house to be able to use their wifi & your n900 to just download something.
Why buy a device when FreeNAS is free and can do the same thing on an old PC?

wierdo, can you elaborate on what it took to get in installed? I'm considering overclocking my N900 and would be curious to see if it improves the speeds.

real_per, try gFTP.