Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
More People have been trying to build a kernelimage (zImage) using the PR1.2 SDK sources for the N9 device.
So far without any (public) succes.
If anyone Can provide Info on how to build a booting image (my build Will not get past the Nokia logo, after the BSS (Big Scary Screen),
Please post here any input that Will help us build a booting kernel.

Thanks to Javispedro for his feedback.

This is my (preliminary) summ-up

apt-get install fiasco-gen
cd <extracted-kerne-dir>
Change the ./kernel/arch/arm/configs/rm581_defconfig
Do changes to C-sources directly in the kernel folders
dpkg-buildpackage
and the resulting zImage will be in ./debian/build/kernel/arch/arm/boot/zImage

You will need to flash first complete firmware image, and next the kernel image (NO reboot between)
flasher -F orgfirmware.bin -f
flasher -F orgfirmware.bin -k zImage --flash-only=kernel -f -R
(complete instructions are available here http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...complete+flash)

BE Aware that reflashing pr1.2 kernel brings some issues regarding software updates, you WILL need to complete a full flash before being able to do so, erasing all data on your phone.
Usual disclaimer re warranty and risk of a bricked phone does apply !

Last edited by nieldk; 2012-03-11 at 11:59.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Who is Andy?
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Originally Posted by nieldk View Post
More People have been trying to build a kernelimage (zImage) using the PR1.2 SDK sources for the N9 device.
So far without any (public) succes.
If anyone Can provide Info on how to build a booting image (my build Will not get past the Nokia logo, after the BSS (Big Scary Screen),
Please post here any input that Will help us build a booting kernel.
I see you corrected it. Much less confusing now. You're welcome.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
its spell mistake =)

The Following User Says Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
I see you corrected it. Much less confusing now. You're welcome.
yeah, stupid autocorrect, thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
its spell mistake =)
It happens to everyone, but it was confusing. He seemed to take offense to having it pointed out. I hope he's not a developer with a bugtracker. Hoo boy!

Edit: I take that back--a thanks after all! I stand corrected and I take back my snarky comment. hehe Sorry, nieldk!

Originally Posted by danramos View Post
It happens to everyone, but it was confusing. He seemed to take offense to having it pointed out. I hope he's not a developer with a bugtracker. Hoo boy!

Edit: I take that back--a thanks after all! I stand corrected and I take back my snarky comment. hehe Sorry, nieldk!
i hate sometimes written correspondance. its so easy to get the wrong idea.

Originally Posted by nieldk View Post
i hate sometimes written correspondance. its so easy to get the wrong idea.
It's all good! ...now, let's get back to the topic at hand... I'm not confident about this, given the history with Nokia kernels. Mer tried it and failed ages ago even with the old Maemo kernels. They got SOMETHING to run but it was horribly crippled and everything since then, even with the NITdroid stuff, have had similar outcomes. So... anybody?

Anybody? :P

Tags
kernel, openness