Poll: What advanced text entry method(s) would you like to see on Sailfish?
Poll Options
What advanced text entry method(s) would you like to see on Sailfish?

Posts: 162 | Thanked: 91 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ poor Slovenia
Originally Posted by eber42 View Post
*...As this is a week-end project expect a release maybe in a couple of weeks (depending on weather).
I hope It wil rain all days!!!

Will be possible to add my own language (Slovenian)?

Thanks

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to matimilko For This Useful Post:
Posts: 301 | Thanked: 531 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ The Netherlands
Dear eber42. So we cannot pay you, or the CIA will be all over you. The beer will be on us, however. After the project weekend of course.
Thanks!

Posts: 86 | Thanked: 362 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Paris / France
@strongm Sailfish allows you to switch between layouts inside the Jolla keyboard, but not to switch between different keyboards
@HtheB openrepos only hosts packaged files and not source repositories. as i said above, it'll take some time
@zlatko and @matimilko : at the moment only english and french are supported. I'll provide simple tools to add new languages, but at the moment the code only supports standard latin language (with "A-Z" alphabet and some variations on letters such as accents).

I' m working on source code release, stay tuned.

The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to eber42 For This Useful Post:
i'm curious: did you use the levensthein distance algorithm in your implementation? so you have the shapes for each word in your dictionary?

Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
eber42 you have no idea how much i've been looking forward to see any progress on swype like keyboard for Jolla. Seeing your video made my day!

Can't wait to actually use it best of luck with your great work

The Following User Says Thank You to mariusmssj For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
Originally Posted by nodevel View Post
Well, as mentioned earlier, software patents are not valid in Europe and Jolla is not available anywhere else. That should also play some role.
Yeah well, a reasonable man would think that would prevent the European Patent office from granting software patents, yes?

EP1955134 - SYSTEM AND METHOD FOR CONTINUOUS STROKE WORD-BASED TEXT INPUT

Thanks to me you can no longer feign ignorance of the patent in court.

Yeah, patents are bad, and don't think for a second you're safe from them because you're outside the US. Virtually the only defense available is a Mutually Assured Destruction one since everyone is infringing on bazillions of patents every day.

Last edited by javispedro; 2014-07-04 at 13:56.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to javispedro For This Useful Post:
Posts: 86 | Thanked: 362 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Paris / France
@javispedro I haven't found any occurrence of this kind of patents being enforced in Europe. Do you know of any ?

@droll Levenstein distance is good for spelling mistakes if you can get individual keystrokes. In case of a "swype"-like keyboard it does not work (IMO) because it's not possible to isolate individual strokes.

The current algorithm is based on geometric properties of the curve drawn. It walks through the tree of all possible words (with scoring & heuristics applied very soon to trim the candidates tree) and try to assign a score to every possible word based on properties showing user "intention" (distance to key, speed, sharp turns ...).

@matimilko for the moment weather is on your side

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to eber42 For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
re this
Well, if you dare

some even think Cyanogen is cool, and QC opensourced bits, but, look now

https://github.com/github/dmca/blob/...02-Qualcomm.md

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
Originally Posted by eber42 View Post
@javispedro I haven't found any occurrence of this kind of patents being enforced in Europe. Do you know of any
Many. I am kind of surprised people can forget events from a few years ago while still repeating the "software patents not valid in EU" mantra....

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to javispedro For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by javispedro View Post
Many. I am kind of surprised people can forget events from a few years ago while still repeating the "software patents not valid in EU" mantra....
Not only that, but it is that batshit insane FAT patent ? That's a new low.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:

Tags
bettertxtentry, huntnpeck sucks, okboard, sailfish, swype