guys plzz help me out... I am thinking to order either the digitizer or the touch screen panel from ebay... so plzz help me... which part should I replace in this state of my n900... everything works fine but the visibility in that area is a bit less.. and some times I am not able to move the stylus.. it slips at places and doesnt do anything on the touch screen... so guys plzz help me with this... I have attached 3 images of it.. take luk at them n plz tell me that which part needs to be replaced. I havent used any screen protectors since I got the phone. and I dont know where to get the right genuine part from nokia. so plzz help me... its very urgent.. plzz help
Attached Images

Posts: 549 | Thanked: 299 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Australian in the Philippines
The abrasion looks like it's only on the touch screen - you kind of reference two different parts, but there is only one - technically it's called the 'touch window assembly' - I'd start with that first. Once you begin disassembly you'll very quickly be able to tell if the damage goes deeper down to the LCD panel underneath. There is quite a gap between these two components, so it's very unlikely the LCD has any damage.

I have a spare that I bought from a cell phone market in the Philippines - it cost me a little under $40 USD.

Last edited by dchky; 2011-04-22 at 08:08.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dchky For This Useful Post:
Second dchky on that.

You just want the digitizer. Easy to recognize, it's the panel with N900 printed in chrome in the top right corner.

I need one of those myself after a screen protector ripped the polarizing layer off when I was replacing it with a new protector.

The Following User Says Thank You to stickymick For This Useful Post:
Posts: 145 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Finland
i don't know if this includes the window part as i can't see it from the picture. you could mail and ask them?
http://www.thenokiaparts.com/eng/tuo...framing-253144

Yea, Just looks like the Digitizer thats damaged on that, Doubt you've managed to damage the LCD.

The Following User Says Thank You to DarkPand0r For This Useful Post:
Posts: 104 | Thanked: 48 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Romania
After you change the Digitizer, you should get a screen protector. I recommend the 3M Vikuiti, I use it for over a year and it still looks great.

The Following User Says Thank You to mirciox For This Useful Post:
Posts: 145 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Finland
invisibleshield is good too. but makes the screen bit sticky to use with finger. i got used to it though

The digitizer and the LCD is not one part. You will only need to change the digitizer.

yea thats wat i was thinking too... so kindly i request all to plz help me find good digitizer in US... that can work as a genuine one... does nokia sells it ?

Digitizer is surely damaged. For lcd not sure. If you start you n900 does the screen show correctly? Upload a picture when your N900 is in main menu if you wish.