i have N9 pr1.2 with sweden firmware PR_339.03.1 but when i try to flash with Vietnam firmware PR_454.1 and same version (not downgrade). it wont let me to. i dont know why, i though PR_454.1 is higher than PR_339.03.1...please help me with that

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by cuteshark View Post
i have N9 pr1.2 with sweden firmware PR_339.03.1 but when i try to flash with Vietnam firmware PR_454.1 and same version (not downgrade). it wont let me to. i dont know why, i though PR_454.1 is higher than PR_339.03.1...please help me with that
Its a downgrade because of timestamps, explained in here http://forum.meego.com/showpost.php?...&postcount=201

So if you really want vietman firmware, you need to wait for possible next pr vanilla release and only flash on top of that one. You will always fail from sweden to vietnam in PR1.2.

The Following User Says Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post:
I've got to ask this question.
My N9 is locked to operator let's call it "A". As far as I know it's not branded, but to be honest, I don't have access to miscrosim from operator "A" to check it (no signs of operator "A" when powered without any SIM).
I bought unlock code, but I'm unable to enter it (http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=83172).
I want to use it with SIM from operator "B". I've checked, phone powers off immediately with SIM "B" inserted.
Will any type of flashing ("comprehensive reset" or "zeroize device") remove lock to operator "A". I'm asking this because image bin files are accompanied by strange files called "simlock*.bin".

And also this guide is amazing. All crucial info about flashing in one elegant place

Originally Posted by rainisto View Post
Its a downgrade because of timestamps, explained in here http://forum.meego.com/showpost.php?...&postcount=201

So if you really want vietman firmware, you need to wait for possible next pr vanilla release and only flash on top of that one. You will always fail from sweden to vietnam in PR1.2.
Thank you so much for you answer. Now i think i understand :-) and again, can you more detail about "the next pr vanila" ...you meant tne pr 1.3? Or i still can flash with another variant of pr 1.2 released after sweden (for example Australia variant?)

Posts: 66 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Pretoria, South Africa
Originally Posted by itsnotabigtruck View Post
Comprehensive reset (destroys user data)

The following commands will remove all data from your phone and restore it to factory state. The provided content files (sample music, wallpaper, etc.) will be restored.

Code:
flasher -f -F main.bin
flasher -f -F main.bin -F emmc.bin --flash-only=mmc
@itsnotabigtruck: Thanks for the detailed guide.

I'm intending to do a comprehensive reset as my twitter notifications aren't working. I've read that a "clear device" resolves the issue but since I'm going back to factory I might as well do it properly since I'm also experiencing some lag. I previously updated to PR1.2 through NSU (Does this do the same thing?)

In your commands above what is the purpose of the first line? From my understanding the second line accomplishes the comprehensive reset and the first line is just flashing the rootFS. If I am flashing the rootFS and the emmc in the second line the first line seems a bit pointless. Unless I am missing something and there is a benefit?

Last edited by Nosph3ratu; 2012-03-23 at 08:44.

Originally Posted by Nosph3ratu View Post
@itsnotabigtruck: Thanks for the detailed guide.

I'm intending to do a comprehensive reset as my twitter notifications aren't working. I've read that a "clear device" resolves the issue but since I'm going back to factory I might as well do it properly since I'm also experiencing some lag. I previously updated to PR1.2 through NSU (Does this do the same thing?)

In your commands above what is the purpose of the first line? From my understanding the second line accomplishes the comprehensive reset and the first line is just flashing the rootFS. If I am flashing the rootFS and the emmc in the second line the first line seems a bit pointless. Unless I am missing something and there is a benefit?
As far as I understand first line flashes the rootfs.
In second line first image is used to tell the flasher how to flash specific device (?) and only flash /home directory (flash-only=mmc parameter).
I can be wrong.

The Following User Says Thank You to herr_oigg For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by herr_oigg View Post
As far as I understand first line flashes the rootfs.
In second line first image is used to tell the flasher how to flash specific device (?) and only flash /home directory (flash-only=mmc parameter).
I can be wrong.
Thanks herr_oigg, but I'm still a bit confused. This would make more sense to me...

flasher -f -F main.bin
flasher -f -F emmc.bin --flash-only=mmc

OR just...

flasher -f -F main.bin -F emmc.bin --flash-only=mmc

I've checked the usage and understand the "-f", "-F" and "--flash-only=mmc" parameters its just the first line in that throws me. I'm unfamiliar with Nokia flasher so I'd rather ask before going ahead with it. I've got some time before I try as NaviFirm is taking forever to download the files...

Originally Posted by Fuzzillogic View Post
You can combine clearing the device, flashing the main and emmc in one go:
Code:
flasher -f -F main.bin -F emmc.bin --erase-user-data
@Nosph3ratu
You can combine commands in flasher.
In your case you can forget about flash-only parameter in combined command, so it should be like:

flasher -f -F main.bin -F emmc.bin

Correct me if I'm wrong...

Yeah I've seen that post as its just after the guide, that makes more sense to me.

I just wanted to find out if there's a reason why @itsnotabigtruck added the first line or was it just a typo?

Either way I'll give it a shot once NaviFirm completes the download and doesnt get stuck again

i've updated my n9 to 1.2 through OTA. After reboot it gave me the warranty error again. I pressed volume keys a few times and it passed the screen. Gave an another error, i said okey. After that phone booted and running without problem. Phone got all 1.2 features but it says on about section its version is 20.20... like 1.1 . When ever i reboot the phone it gives warranty error. How do i fix this.

I flashed the phone many times before it came by OTA. Because of the warranty error i flashed back to 1.1 getting cmt from 1.2 .

Tags
flashing, nokia n9