Posts: 1,729 | Thanked: 388 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
3g connection really discharges the battery quick. i dont have 3g on my n900 but i can tell because i am using a device that has 2g and 3g.

also, my n900 drains 10 percent of power every 30mins using joikuspot (n900 is the client and my n86 is the host). so ad-hoc connection also is a battery killer.

but in any case, my only problem in mfe on n900 is the sorting of e-mails (unread, received and from). but i realy like the sync on the calendar. works superb!

"The best way to break a Spell is to prevent it from being cast in the first place"

N900: 1000/1150mhz; sampling_rate 15; up_threshold 150000;

Last edited by gabby131; 2010-07-26 at 22:39.

Posts: 19 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jun 2010 @ California, USA
Hello,

I have a weird problem with MfE. I can not synchronize mail with exchange server. It kind of worked before. The problem started when I deleted and created same MfE account on my N900 several times ( I know but I will not go into details why for now).
After I set it up first sync goes fine. I can send e-mail but when I try to manually run synchronization it fails with

"Exchange server is not responding. Verify that account settings are correct."

error. Any idea what is wrong and how to fix it without re-flashing?
I am synchronizing mail and calendar. If I sync calendar only it works fine. If mail is included in sync it fails.

I attached activesync log. I edited the log file slightly to change my company name to "mycompany" and my login to "myname".

Thanks in advance for advise,
-Pavel
Attached Files
File Type: gz activesync_edited.log.gz (11.7 KB, 94 views)

@pavlik

try a full re-synchronization. it worked for me when i had the same issue

"The best way to break a Spell is to prevent it from being cast in the first place"

The Following User Says Thank You to gabby131 For This Useful Post:
gaby131, thanks. Full synchronization does work while the "normal does not" - how wierd. Anyway I guess I'll be pressing two buttons now instead of one for the sync. thanks again.

Last edited by pavlik; 2010-07-27 at 21:39.

Posts: 222 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Sydney Australia
I guess that must be a stupid question, who would have thought anyone would need to reinstall MfE, silly me.

Originally Posted by Coffee View Post
I guess that must be a stupid question, who would have thought anyone would need to reinstall MfE, silly me.
Yes, I assume this is not what normal people do all the time

well my bigger problem is that with MfE I can send an e-mail if I type a destination address but I can not reply to a recived e-mail. So I thougth that this is because of my e-mail alias and reconfigured it to be firstname.lastname@company.com instead of username@company.com - it did not help. I reconfigured it back and now I cannot even sync.

Originally Posted by pavlik View Post
Yes, I assume this is not what normal people do all the time

well my bigger problem is that with MfE I can send an e-mail if I type a destination address but I can not reply to a recived e-mail. So I thougth that this is because of my e-mail alias and reconfigured it to be firstname.lastname@company.com instead of username@company.com - it did not help. I reconfigured it back and now I cannot even sync.
is your domain and server correct?

you can get the domain from your workplace by asking someone who has e-mail on a mobile device. the server i believe must be like mail.company.com and port should be 443 (secure connection).

Originally Posted by gabby131 View Post
is your domain and server correct?
I assume it is correct because full synchronization works fine, but maybe I should check my settings. My IT gave me instructions on how to configure client on iphone, palm, winmo, symbian but they do not know anything about Maemo. the server info and port should be fine. But domain is unclear. For most other devices it is empty. I tried a few domain options I could "creatively" think off (companyname, companyname.com, internal.companyname.com) but got connection error. So i left domain empty. Maybe I should revisit the settings.

I assume it is correct because full synchronization works fine, but maybe I should check my settings. My IT gave me instructions on how to configure client on iphone, palm, winmo, symbian but they do not know anything about Maemo. the server info and port should be fine. But domain is unclear. For most other devices it is empty. I tried a few domain options I could "creatively" think off (companyname, companyname.com, internal.companyname.com) but got connection error. So i left domain empty. Maybe I should revisit the settings.
that should be fine. in meamo, you just need a domain and a server address. so your okay. if full resync is working, your mfe should be working fine as well.

in your settings, tweal the peak days, hours etc.
i recomend peak hours should be always on and off peak should be every 15 mins.

check the resync of your messages. select retrieve all if you want older messages to be synced.

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
well my bigger problem is that with MfE I can send an e-mail if I type a destination address but I can not reply to a recived e-mail.
I had the same problem. You need to edit the To: address(es) and remove the quoted name(s), just leaving the email address.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post:

Tags
activesync, certificate, email, exchange, fremantle, ignore tex14, maemo 5, mail for exchange, mfe, n900, provisioning, sync, thanks vitaly!