Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by zerojay View Post
Give me sites you would like to see whitelisted aside from youtube... either here or if they are of a... ahem... personal nature, send me a PM with the links and I'll see what I can do.
em i just reinstalled it , and now on youtube i see the field, so i can turn on youtube videos now.
but i wiold be realy nice if youtube would be on the white list.
youtube.com
veoh.com
animefreak.tv
schuelervz.net
vimeo.com
dropbox.com
chilloutzone.to

the, em x rated sites , i just tested worked nice , too . By the way there is so many advertisments , that are blocked. Thats a nice sing. And the videos i cant turn on manualy , thats ok.

The Following User Says Thank You to razialo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 251 | Thanked: 131 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ USA
So has anyone else out there tried it? Is it working for you? Ideas?
I think it ate some non-ad pictures for me on the forums here, using the "Classic Light" skin.

The circled image below seems to have disappeared on my N900. I can post a N900 screenshot later, if needed.

I'm using 1.0.0-4 right now.

-jkq
Attached Images

Agro ... : [***-------] Relic(s) : N900

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
ZJ, I have been using a custom UserContent.css file for sometime now and get most of my ad block content from Floppy Moose
I have also added many mods for text & image size for some of my more frequently visited sites. I was going to produce a tutorial for others to follow that would have had to include root privileges, directory creation, and file editing instructions... not a small task.

Am I right in my understanding that your package automagically creates a "chrome" directory and UserContent.css file?

If so, would it be difficult to add access to the css file so that other mods can be added to that file?

Perhaps something similar to what HideUserAgent does...

SLN member # 009

The Following User Says Thank You to YoDude For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Originally Posted by YoDude View Post
ZJ, I have been using a custom UserContent.css file for sometime now and get most of my ad block content from Floppy Moose
I have also added many mods for text & image size for some of my more frequently visited sites. I was going to produce a tutorial for others to follow that would have had to include root privileges, directory creation, and file editing instructions... not a small task.

Am I right in my understanding that your package automagically creates a "chrome" directory and UserContent.css file?

If so, would it be difficult to add access to the css file so that other mods can be added to that file?

Perhaps something similar to what HideUserAgent does...
The userContent.css file included in my package is based upon someone's edited version which ads a TON more things to the block list. I can't remember the name off the top of my head, but basically that version was based on the original at floopy moose anyways. I've also added a few custom ones.

Yes, it creates the chrome directory in the right place and installs the file. There's absolutely nothing stopping you from adding whatever you want to it after the install. If there's any other mods you wanna add to it, let me know because they might be useful for everyone (much like the flashblock I added already).

You can base your tutorial idea upon my package if you'd like... and maybe make mods available as add-ons for my original package. I haven't checked into HideUserAgent.

The Following User Says Thank You to zerojay For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Originally Posted by jkq View Post
I think it ate some non-ad pictures for me on the forums here, using the "Classic Light" skin.

The circled image below seems to have disappeared on my N900. I can post a N900 screenshot later, if needed.

I'm using 1.0.0-4 right now.

-jkq
Probably being blocked because of their size. I'll see what I can do to add a fliter for maemo.

The Following User Says Thank You to zerojay For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
The userContent.css file included in my package is based upon someone's edited version which ads a TON more things to the block list. I can't remember the name off the top of my head, but basically that version was based on the original at floopy moose anyways. I've also added a few custom ones.

Yes, it creates the chrome directory in the right place and installs the file. There's absolutely nothing stopping you from adding whatever you want to it after the install. If there's any other mods you wanna add to it, let me know because they might be useful for everyone (much like the flashblock I added already).

You can base your tutorial idea upon my package if you'd like... and maybe make mods available as add-ons for my original package. I haven't checked into HideUserAgent.
Then it should install over my existing chrome directory and css file without pronlems then; or should I remove them first?

SLN member # 009

Originally Posted by YoDude View Post
Then it should install over my existing chrome directory and css file without pronlems then; or should I remove them first?
Actually, test it out and let me know if it works without removing your own first.

This is very nice, but for the times that it blocks unnecessary content, it would be nice to have "show all blocked content on this page" option somewhere. Not sure if it's easily done though.

Posts: 233 | Thanked: 170 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Finland
Probably being blocked because of their size. I'll see what I can do to add a fliter for maemo.
Why would your filter automatically block icon-size images? No ads are icon-size, are they?

Posts: 233 | Thanked: 170 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Finland
Thanks for this! I could swear most websites are like 30% snappier now (and in fact the entire N900). I am thinking maybe flash is left on in the background, taking resources, even if I don't have a flash-enabled site open at a specific moment, because it feels like the entire experience is much snappier. I don't care so much about removing ads, but making Flash selectable on a per-swf-basis is absolute gold.

I realize this might be a placebo-effect, but everything has been good since I installed this filter. My battery even lasted a log longer. It might also be because almost every site I visit has some flash ad somewhere... I mostly read news on the N900 and what news site doesn't have flash banners these days?

What I'm not immediately clear about is how this works. How can you, using only css, "sniff" out swf:s that are included with swfobject.js, which is the "correct" way to include flash on websites these days? I guess I could just look at the app itself, but I haven't had the time.

The Following User Says Thank You to jaysire For This Useful Post:

Tags
adblock, flashblock, microb