Originally Posted by viking65 View Post
The Ins key does nothing...

Originally Posted by kimmoli View Post
Propably some mobile apps do not support it, i'll check it is mapped to correct insert.
If it's mapped to anything, FingerTerm doesn't see it, or ignores it.

"od -t x1" registers all keys just fine, including multiple chars (as expected) for Home, End, Del, PgUp, PgDn and the arrows, but nothing at all for Ins. I don't think Ins is mapped ...

Originally Posted by viking65 View Post
A CapsLock-like stickiness of Ctrl and Blue could be useful, maybe exclusive (one cancels the other) ?
In the Settings app, a keyboard tester could be nice. [cut]

Originally Posted by kimmoli View Post
There is some ideas to improve that. we'll see in future updates.
There will something like this when the keyboard mapping editor comes out
Gr8

Originally Posted by oenone View Post
I suspect many people are waiting for the answer to these questions. . .

There are a supposed total of 1432 TOHKBD ordered. Supposedly there have been 631 orders (some people may have ordered more than 1 TOHKBD under one order number. I know I did.) that have been assembled and are either about to be shipped, are shipped, or have been received.

I think the main question of people is when are they going to get theirs? The lack of information about the process beyond that the Scandic layouts arrived first and thus would be assembled first (which also makes sense so that the folks at Jolla can get their hands on TOHKBD first for the software integration and testing) is the biggest issue people are facing:

Why do some later backers get their TOHKBD's before those that backed earlier?

For example, my order number has some 440-some orders that seem to have been assembled and/or shipped before it, even though my order number comes before them. Why?

So orders are obviously not fulfilled in a first-in-first-out basis.

Is the assembly by type of keyboard? It does not seem like it, because there are a variety of different layouts that have been assembled and/or shipped, including the layout I requested.

Is the assembly by higher paying individuals first? It does not seem like it because in that case those that ordered more TOHKBD's would be served before that ordered only one, and that isn't the case.

Is the assembly by country of destination? Difficult to tell. Most reports indicate that people in EU-EEA countries are receiving their TOHKBD's, so maybe EU-EEA first, then the rest of the world? In any case, I am in the EU, so maybe assembly is not by destination.

Research suggests that people are ok with delays and waiting if they know about how long they have to wait and why.
Yeah massive emphasis on the last sentence.

One small crack at your post would be that it would make no sense to post the keyboards by backer order, since they are likely sent out in batches grouped by common country codes in order to minimize the number of batches.

I just want a rough guide on country order (frenchy-german keyboards out next month, spanish keyboards out a few months after, etc, etc). I'm happy to wait, I just want a rough timeframe to tide me over the waiting process.

Posts: 1,104 | Thanked: 5,652 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Holland
Originally Posted by tetris11_ View Post
I'm happy to wait, I just want a rough timeframe to tide me over the waiting process.
464 to go

now working on qwertz
from low numbers to high
then some qwerty
then all others
then all that ended up in 'something wrong with this pile'

hope to send all kickstarter orders within two weeks

going to the postoffice saturday to send all to funky countries

i completely understand that you guys all want your tohkbds, but understand me please: i want nothing more than to deliver as fast as possible, but people being angry at me is extremely demotivating and typing this very text is removing valuable assembly-time from my day.

The Following 27 Users Say Thank You to dirkvl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,104 | Thanked: 5,652 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Holland
Originally Posted by dirkvl View Post
people being angry at me is extremely demotivating
it is almost as demotivating as people that order black-black-black tohkbds. come on, dare to be a little unlike...

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to dirkvl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Send me my white/pink #74 jewel. Just sayin', for your motivation.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
it is almost as demotivating as people that order black-black-black tohkbds. come on, dare to be a little unlike...

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
I am sorry, I am sorry, I am sorry! Shame it's too late to change

Seriously, you should have had the "random" option.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
It is getting much better with the latest software update (0.3.1). I can finally type stuff without "sticky keys" (about 90% of the time), and the keyboard doesn't switch off randomly anymore. Some issue I have now is a non functioning enter key and unresponsive right half of the spacebar. Both used to work so it isn't hardware related. I have both values at their max for the repetition in the settings, maybe this is related ?

The Following User Says Thank You to Nicocys For This Useful Post:
Posts: 172 | Thanked: 170 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sweden
I found something to fix for rev3 of the keyboard:

The bumps on the f and j keys (used for locating your finger-position when touch-typing) aren't detectable (at least not by my fingers). Make them more distinguishable next time!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stefanmohl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 237 | Thanked: 502 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Mittelfranken, Germany
Originally Posted by Kabouik View Post
Send me my white/pink #74 jewel. Just sayin', for your motivation.
<motivation>
Yeah, and if you are at it, I would like my red/green/maple #452 ordered via funkyotherhalf (as I couldn't get my cc working with kickstarter at that time...)
</motivation>

EDIT: fixed order number

Last edited by Amboss; 2015-07-08 at 20:51.

Tags
keyboard, kickstarter, other half, tohkbd