Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Both types of NDA exist as far as I know. What you're saying is true Catbus, but on the other hand F(x)tec could also see the beta test phase as a way to kill two birds with one stone: getting feedback from beta testers about NDA stuff, while letting them show non critical pictures or situations to get some extra coverage in social media and slowly let the hype escalate.

For instance, it seems that people who attended the event in Germany were invited to mention the Pro1 to friends on social media, in exchange of getting their device a few days before release.

No idea what is best, I'm just curious.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
There is a video of the Tuesday event in German.

https://youtu.be/I2DsazO1BCw

The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Kabouik View Post
Both types of NDA exist as far as I know. What you're saying is true Catbus, but on the other hand F(x)tec could also see the beta test phase as a way to kill two birds with one stone: getting feedback from beta testers about NDA stuff, while letting them show non critical pictures or situations to get some extra coverage in social media and slowly let the hype escalate.
In Finland we only kill flies, not birds, maybe for food when allowed by law ... Flies are not covered by the law

For instance, it seems that people who attended the event in Germany were invited to mention the Pro1 to friends on social media, in exchange of getting their device a few days before release.
You're right and just wondering what I could do in this situation myself, so I was wrong and that's why international cooperation is so important! (Our) Community is a resource for different ideas.

No idea what is best, I'm just curious.
Me too... ( not [metoo] )

"Gods have mercy. Cats don't..." <- Kaotik@iotech

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to catbus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by chenliangchen View Post

I was watching wrong camera all day

"Gods have mercy. Cats don't..." <- Kaotik@iotech

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to catbus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 386 | Thanked: 1,094 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by chenliangchen View Post

https://youtu.be/I2DsazO1BCw
Cool, me and my "driver" are in it too!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wasmachinemann-NL For This Useful Post:
Mentioning a few interesting informations from the posted video (most are already known, I still repeat it here):
- While watching the slide out process I got an idea now, why it could have a curved screen: It might be more comfortable to slide out the keyboard with a curved screen. It looks like it might even hurt a bit if the edges are "too sharp". Maybe someone could confirm this?
- The main camera is 12 MP Sony and a second one with 5 MP. The cameras do not pop out of a case. So it is nicely lying on a table. You can see a short sequence of typing on the table at 3min 13sec with two fingers.
- If you do not need a second SIM you can install memory up to 2 TB.
- Stereo Speakers.
- Camera shutter button.
- RGB notification LED (I have no idea what I could use this for at the moment).
- 10 hours talk time, 20 days standby time
- Android 9 Pie installed, upgrade to Q is planned as soon as available.
- Unlocking the bootloader will not void warranty.
- What I can see on the video: It looks like the keys are sticking out more than in the pictures from the versions last year, so I hope it's possible to actually type faster and maybe with more fingers than seen on the videos so far until now.
- Target audience are techies with a love for customization
- Easy to repair: Screen can be changed by opening screws, same with the battery. USB charging connection is on a separate PCB, so this could be changed also easily if it breaks in a few years (!)
- Next week the company will ask for the money transfer. Shipping from UK will start in the beginning of september.

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to ravelo For This Useful Post:
Did anyone ever try to do a phone call on this device actually? There are rumours of bad call quality on gemini pda. It would be important for me to know that this device has good call quality, on both sides (caller and called person).

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ravelo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ravelo View Post
Did anyone ever try to do a phone call on this device actually?
LOL. I wasn’t even thinking about this.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DDark For This Useful Post:
Posts: 943 | Thanked: 3,228 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Zagreb
- While watching the slide out process I got an idea now, why it could have a curved screen: It might be more comfortable to slide out the keyboard with a curved screen. It looks like it might even hurt a bit if the edges are "too sharp". Maybe someone could confirm this?
I don't think so. I mean, it never bothered me on N900. And they did change screen for a less curved one so I don't think there's something there.
- RGB notification LED (I have no idea what I could use this for at the moment).
custom colors for different notifications

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kinggo For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Has it been mentioned that the QWERTZ-request form is out?
https://www.fxtec.com/request-qwertz/

There you can request to change your order to qwertz

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:

Tags
a good rabbit, fxtec, hwkbd, keyboard, livermorium, n950 revival, never gives up, qwerty, readyfx, silly rabbit