Hello everybody,

I have an issue with my screen, it regulary considers itself touched even if nothing was touching it.
I notice that it's always in the same spot : does someone know if there is any way to make the phone "ignore" a touch in a specific screen region ?

Thanks for your help .

Obvious question: did you recalibrate?

deleted comment. Just noticed this is the n900

Last edited by MINKIN2; 2012-10-27 at 19:04.

Try "massaging" (gently!) screen around that region - no joke. Once, I had problem with digitizer, after keeping it in pocket with something making slight, yet constant, pressure on one area. After that, device was recognizing touch in a "biased" way - with offset, heading into said area.

Fortunately, 5-10 minutes of massaging screen relaxed it (sic!), during the process, it gradually become less and less visible (monitored it through MyPaint), until it disappeared completely.
----

If above doesn't work for you, replacing digitizer sounds like only one option.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 226 | Thanked: 270 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Bosnia and Herzegovina
I had same problem with my phone but I fixed it. It was moisture inside of digitizer:

It's impossible to see this spot until you disassemble it.

and this is solution:

Leave digitizer in a bowl of rice for one or two days, exposed to some kind of heat. Good luck

Last edited by dzano; 2012-10-30 at 14:44.

Thank you for your answers.

First, yes, my screen is calibrated (even if it wasn't, there is no reason for any touch detected while I am not touching the screen).

Massing the screen effectively fix sometimes the issue. But most often, 10 seconds after, the issue comes back.

I also notice that the issue appears more often when the environment is wet. So, I think when I have time, I will try your solution, dzano.

Something like that happened to my phone. Touching incorrectly recognized at an average load of the processor.
For example when you turn on the phone, and when an incoming call.
It seems that the phone recognizes just two touches: one at the point (0, 0), and the second in the place where the press.
Can you give some advice? Should I go to the service center?

As for bag of rice - silica gel (in airtight bag) is much more effective solution - orders of magnitude more hydroattractor - without "rice dust" getting inside digitizer.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!