Posts: 296 | Thanked: 111 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Manchester
I'm happy to say my sliders still perfect.

N900 APP REVIEW SITE IS NOW LIVE
http://maemoappreviews.blogspot.com/

Posts: 259 | Thanked: 55 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Vilnius, Lithuania
Two weeks, still great

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Mine still slide okay after 4Months old

Posts: 378 | Thanked: 206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by Pogi View Post
The screen is suppose to slide down evenly not drag the other side down.
Well its intentionel, call it a design flaw, ive had this phone 5 months now.. its been like this since day 1.. and it has not gotten any worse since then, its exactly the same to me :P

And not a problem in my mind, thats just how the slide has been designed, and it works without getting worse.

Posts: 87 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Canada
Originally Posted by mthmob View Post
Uhm... my phone's screen has been wobbling when it's slided half way, since the day i took it out of the box. Its suppose to wobble except when in full slide out position or when slider is completely closed...
Same here. All is well when open or closed, but when half open it is possible to "wobble" the sides of the keyboard (or of the screen, depending on which item you consider "fixed") a bit up & down.

I am not sure if it is "supposed to do this" but I do not consider it a problem. I guess I could try to tighten it, but I am afraid to cause more problems that to solve them. So for the moment I'm just going to leave it as it is.

Posts: 66 | Thanked: 70 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Paris
I got a Noreve case today. As a result of the clip-in mechanism my slider went from "a little wobbly but maybe its my imagination" to rock solid, even when the keyboard is only halfway extended.

Its a little pricey but worth considering if the slider is a worry. Heres the thread which convinced me to buy one:

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=40191

EDIT - Actually I remember the thread as being far more positive so I suppose that wasnt it. Still negative feedback is also interesting I guess.

Last edited by DeargDoom; 2010-04-29 at 23:13.

my slider has been a littttle wobbly since the phone dropped 5 ft onto pavement.

but nothing big really.

I've had my phone for about two weeks. Must same that i share the same paranoia, especially when i saw a youtube video with someone mentioning it. But I think it hasn't gotten more "wobbly" in these few days. If it would get worse I guess it would be ok. So i would say after what im read that in 90 percent of the time its just plain paranoia and there is actually nothing wrong with the sliding keyboard.

Posts: 395 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on May 2010 @ TMO
The slide's not spring assisted - as such when it's not locked in position there is some available play, because building sliders with zero tolerances is headed for epic fail.

The Noreve has additional rails - with 4 rails it definitely becomes very stable - much like how a tricycle is more stable than a bicycle.

My slider took a turn for the worse and now its really hard to slide the phone from the right side open or even gets stuck UGH calling nokia AGAIN

Tags
lack of quality control, loose slider