Active Topics

I just got an update notification on OM Weather (10/21/08). I installed it and it bricked my N800. I'm reflashing now. Warning! Maybe just some combination of software on my device, but use caution. OM Weather is coming off my N800....

Posts: 566 | Thanked: 145 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Tallahassee, FL
I think your comment is premature, unsubstantiated and, thus, without foundation.

I updated OM Weather on my N800 via the Application Manager yesterday, and have had no problems with the application or anything else on the tablet, whatsoever. I suspect the fault with your tablet lies elsewhere.

Edit: okay, I did notice one small problem. The person responsible for rewriting the English help screens is not credited anywhere in the About, Authors, Thanks, or Translators box...

Last edited by briand; 2008-10-22 at 03:31.

Thank you briand for your comment. Nevertheless, it was working fine until the download of the OM Weather update and when I rebooted it died. 1+1 usually equals 2 and I was wanting to give an early warning. I would be interested if others have problems as well. Regardless, I am reflashing and until proven otherwise, I will suggest it was OM weather perhaps not playing well with something else on my machine.

Hi,

The update went fine for me and my N800.

Updated through the Application Manager and all went well.

David

Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
Works here on latest Diablo + N810.

Originally Posted by microfab View Post
I just got an update notification on OM Weather (10/21/08). I installed it and it bricked my N800. I'm reflashing now. Warning! Maybe just some combination of software on my device, but use caution. OM Weather is coming off my N800....
after the update booted my device and found that it was bricked no way to recover , the boot screen remain tried to use the hardkeys but nothing worked, so have to reflash it. hesitating to reinstall it i may go for the previous version.

T3 - IT 810
Confidence is hard to gain easy to loose impossible to regain, Pee

Last edited by Un27Pee; 2008-10-22 at 11:31.

The Following User Says Thank You to Un27Pee For This Useful Post:
After OM weather update install, applet screen doesn't remember background settings after reboot anymore.
Like if I'm setting white transparent background for applet, it's transparent black with black text after every reboot.

Booting is really weird also. After that OM weather update, n810 was booting up really quick. There wasn't anymore that blue bar growning from left to right at bottom of screen. And total booting time were something like 8sec. from button push to desktop already visible. Normally closer ~15sec.
Like that n810 never really made shutdown at all, just some "hibernate" mode or something.

And that was also tested yesterday after reflashing and just OM weather installed.

I decided now not to istall this weather applet and device is booting and working ok.

The Following User Says Thank You to kryy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 251 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Houston, Texas
My N800 took the last OMWeather update and worked fine after the reboot. Are there any dependencies which you might have uninstalled prior to the update?

Do not under any circumstances change the settings for "check internal temp" or whatever it says. You will not get back to your desktop. And since I can't get to the desktop and dropbear is not letting me ssh in to remove the settings file... it's reflash time for me.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sondjata For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,137 | Thanked: 1,903 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Belarus
Originally Posted by sondjata View Post
Do not under any circumstances change the settings for "check internal temp" or whatever it says. You will not get back to your desktop. And since I can't get to the desktop and dropbear is not letting me ssh in to remove the settings file... it's reflash time for me.
That is true. Thank you for your help. I will fix it tomorrow.
Dear users! Please, use our project's bugtracker
https://garage.maemo.org/tracker/?group_id=93
for reporting bugs.

Thanks.
Vlad.

Last edited by vasvlad; 2008-10-24 at 20:53.

The Following User Says Thank You to vasvlad For This Useful Post: