I noticed in the online manual, it say connect to a compatible "PC"..
I didnt know if PC meant windows PC or just a PC in general.

Does anyone know "for sure" that the 770 is or isn't compatible with Mac OSX (for syncing, etc.Z)??

If the 770 is NOT compatible with Mac OSX then I am headed to a PALM TX... ;-(

The Following User Says Thank You to TripleNickle For This Useful Post:
7. How can I connect the Nokia 770 Internet Tablet to my PC or laptop?
You can connect it by using a USB connection and the provided connectivity cable (DKE-2 cable) to a compatible PC or laptop. The Nokia 770 Internet Tablet RS-MMC appears on your PC/laptop as a removable drive.

USB mass storage profile allows the PC or laptop to access a part of the Nokia 770 Internet Tablet file system. This allows easy file transfer between the Nokia 770 Internet Tablet and the PC or laptop. The mass storage profile is a standard part of the USB specification and newer versions of Microsoft Windows operating systems and MAC OS X support it.

NOTE: you are limited to accessing only the Nokia 770 Internet Tablet RS-MMC card from the PC or laptop.

Ref : http://www.nokia.be/uk/phones/phonem...faq_com.html#7

Posts: 11 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Madrid, Spain
Let's wait to see if those rumours about an apple tablet turn out true. Nokia has still a lot to improve regarding compatibility with mac osx (maybe won't be the 770's case?)

Originally Posted by Manu
7. How can I connect the Nokia 770 Internet Tablet to my PC or laptop?
You can connect it by using a USB connection and the provided connectivity cable (DKE-2 cable) to a compatible PC or laptop. The Nokia 770 Internet Tablet RS-MMC appears on your PC/laptop as a removable drive.

USB mass storage profile allows the PC or laptop to access a part of the Nokia 770 Internet Tablet file system. This allows easy file transfer between the Nokia 770 Internet Tablet and the PC or laptop. The mass storage profile is a standard part of the USB specification and newer versions of Microsoft Windows operating systems and MAC OS X support it.

NOTE: you are limited to accessing only the Nokia 770 Internet Tablet RS-MMC card from the PC or laptop.

Ref : http://www.nokia.be/uk/phones/phonem...faq_com.html#7
Great... I didnt see this section. I just read the 770's manual, which I thought would have the same info in it. lol Thanks

I haven't seen anything for Mac's, but the only Windows based app so far for connectivity is the updater tool we use to flash the device. That required special drivers so Windows would read the device and not the MMC

Hopefully, there is Mac OSX support..!

I would imagine the Mac be use the USB for a mass storage device, as that is usually just plug and play, but I am not aware of any other installable software for Mac's

Posts: 48 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Brussels
I just tried to connect the tablet to a Mini Mac OSX.
It mounts.
I can see a USB device on my Mac but if I open it it says:
O items - 60.9 Mb available.
On the tablet I can't see anything accept when I connect the Mac the "memory Card (of the tablet) menu" in the filemanager goes grey.
When I disconnect the memory card is available.
So it knows there is another memory card but can't read it.
Don't have a pc here at the moment.

Update: I didn't notice the above comment. I moved a file from the tablet to the memory card of the tablet (it was empty untill now). Then the mac sees the file in the USB window!

Access to the device Mac-Tablet does not work either but I am looking for this soft to install to have access to bluetooth keyboard

Last edited by JPB; 2005-11-11 at 21:58. Reason: I tried again

Posts: 772 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Jul 2005 @ Montclair, NJ (NYC suburbs)
Originally Posted by JPB
I moved a file from the tablet to the memory card of the tablet (it was empty untill now). Then the mac sees the file in the USB window!
I had the same epiphany on the PC -- the "drive" is only the MMC card, and so only what's there shows up in the File Manager window on the PC, not any files at all internal to the 770.

Posts: 26 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London
My 770 works perfectly with my OSX Tiiger Mac.