Active Topics

Posts: 47 | Thanked: 118 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Krakow, POLAND
Hi!

I have flashed my Nokia 770 with latest os2007HE and since then there is no message when the charge is full.

Can anyone tell something more about this issue ? Is there some patch ?

Posts: 242 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ USA & BharatVarsh ( INDIA - Kerala ).
Maybe it has to do something with the Flash.

I recently flashed my Nokia 770 with the OS 2007 Hackers Edition version 4-2008.7-10. I have installed becomeroot package, Gaim 1.5, couple of Hildon themes( plankton)etc. I also updated the Flash on it.

Couple of times in the beginning it did not show when the battery got fully
charged. But now it is doing do. When the battery gets fully charged it will say Battery full.

Originally Posted by Arjun View Post
[...]
Couple of times in the beginning it did not show when the battery got fully
charged. But now it is doing do. When the battery gets fully charged it will say Battery full.
Interesting and even more confusing . I have to see what will happen when I will plug the charger next time.

My firmware version is also SU-18_2007HACKER_4.2008.7-1_PR_F5_MR0_ARM.bin so I don't get it.

Can anyone else confirm this bug ?

Posts: 1,635 | Thanked: 1,816 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Manchester, England
the evilness in me says Fixed in Fremantle!

but the more logical says, its something in a very old backported OS which I wasn't sure was supported at all.

It works as expected in os2008, but i'm not sure of the hacker editions of any release.

I have the same behaviour with OS2007HE. It's a bit sporadic though. I can get the Battery Full message if I'm actually using the tablet while plugged in but if I just leave it sitting while charging it doesn't come up. Almost like there has to be some activity. Even that is hit and miss.

Originally Posted by cecil View Post
I have the same behaviour with OS2007HE. It's a bit sporadic though. I can get the Battery Full message if I'm actually using the tablet while plugged in but if I just leave it sitting while charging it doesn't come up. Almost like there has to be some activity. Even that is hit and miss.
Then it seems to be a common issue. But what about charging the tablet when it is off ? Still no dice ?

I wonder if such behaviour can damage the battery - is it still charging or maybe the bug is only the massage (I presume that the device should cut off the power after battery is full - when off).

Posts: 242 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ USA & BharatVarsh ( INDIA - Kerala ).
After using the Nokia 770 ( SU-18_2007HACKER_4.2008.7-1_PR_F5_MR0_ARM installed ) a heck of a lot ( to the point that even after repeated starts the machine shut off by itself more than twice ) I put it to charge at 8.30 AM in the morning.

In the beginning the Nokia AC adapter got rather warm but then it got to normal room temperature. Nokia 770 showed that it was " Charging ' (vide the charging icon seen on the screen).

This icon stayed on the screen till about 4.30 PM the same day at which time the screen showed " Battery Full " icon. During this whole time period the Nokia 770 was not on , used or the AC adapter disconnected from the Power even once.

Posts: 34 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Virginia
Mind does the same thing. I found that if I unplug and replug the charger when it is full it will show that battery is full. I learned to ignore it.

Originally Posted by totalizator View Post
But what about charging the tablet when it is off ? Still no dice ?

I wonder if such behaviour can damage the battery - is it still charging or maybe the bug is only the massage (I presume that the device should cut off the power after battery is full - when off).
Still no dice. My tablet has been charging for the past 8 hours on an OEM charger, turned off. Still shows charging.

I've had the same behaviour as rggavitt -- unplug, replug and it'll sometimes switch. Not everytime, but as I originally wrote it seems like it needs activity.

Also, if I'm actually using it, sometimes the scrolling battery meter will stop scrolling but it'll show Charging if I tap on it.

I think it actually does stop charging. That function is often partiallly built into the battery and charging hardware -- but I'm no expert in this. The stopped scrolling meter seems to support this.

Tags
battery charge full