Posts: 104 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Illinois
Can anyone provide a direct link to the T-Mobile unlimited data plans listed here (UNited States): http://wiki.maemo.org/Data_Plans?

On the $20 one, it just says it gives you access to 6 emails and t-mobile hotspot, it says nothing about unlimited web. I have searched all over t-mobiles site and I cant find the $6 plan anywhere. All I want to do is get a simple bluetooth phone and a cheap unlimited data plan so I can easily connect to the internet anywhere with my n800, Thanks.

Originally Posted by blowfish23 View Post
Can anyone provide a direct link to the T-Mobile unlimited data plans listed here (UNited States): http://wiki.maemo.org/Data_Plans?

On the $20 one, it just says it gives you access to 6 emails and t-mobile hotspot, it says nothing about unlimited web. I have searched all over t-mobiles site and I cant find the $6 plan anywhere. All I want to do is get a simple bluetooth phone and a cheap unlimited data plan so I can easily connect to the internet anywhere with my n800, Thanks.
Not sure on direct links. (Not even sure it's possible into T-mobile's site.) But it depends what phone, their website doesn't list all phones with all plans. If you add a 3555b (my phone), it will give you the option to add the $5.99 t-zones, but not the other plan; I guess they think the phone is too stupid to need a "real" internet connection.

Posts: 833 | Thanked: 124 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Based in the USA
Last time I checked T-mobile did away with their cheap data plan and joined everyon else in ripping us off.
PLEASE use the Wiki

Posts: 242 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ USA & BharatVarsh ( INDIA - Kerala ).
I think that the T-Mobile unlimited Data plan is still available. It may not be easily found on their Website. I think one needs to call T-Mobile and ask them to specifically add it to one's account. I used this Data Plan as recently as December 2008 when I started messing around with my Nokia 770 after quite a few months.

Also there is a limited $ 9.99 plan that will give you 50 MB of (data downloads ) web surfing along with so many Text messages etc. This Plan is similar to the Unlimited Data plan but is simply limited to the 50 MB total download. If one is happy to look at ones e-mail once or twice a day instead of totally involved Web surfing, then this would be a good option to use.

Last edited by Arjun; 2009-02-13 at 20:17.

i have a $5.99 plan but didnt work with my n810 so i tried my friend's data plan the $20 unlimited and it works fine and the video works great . the internet is very fast to, my nokia n810 connected to my nokia 5610.

Originally Posted by jmenym24 View Post
i have a $5.99 plan but didnt work with my n810 so i tried my friend's data plan the $20 unlimited and it works fine and the video works great . the internet is very fast to, my nokia n810 connected to my nokia 5610.
You need to manually tweak the config to make the $5.99 plan work, as none of the presets is right for it.

Either use the T-zones setting, and fix the proxy (it comes with a leading zero, which breaks some stupid bug), or (better, but may not stay around) use the T-mobile setting, and change the APN to epc.t-mobile.com.

Originally Posted by Arjun View Post
I think that the T-Mobile unlimited Data plan is still available.
Yes, but it is now $40 per month. This gets you unlimited "email and web-browsing". It specifically mentions it's usuable for laptops, so tethering is allowed. You get no free voice call minutes with this plan. Voice calls cost 20 cents per minute.

Posts: 104 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Illinois
I've had virgin mobile for almost 2 years now and when I signed up, text messages were 5 cents each. Now it has jumped to 15 cents each. But for me, it still only costs me 5 cents. I think it's probably the same way with t-mobile's data plans. If you signed up for the $6 plan awhile ago, you still have it, but new t-mobile users can't get it.

Posts: 900 | Thanked: 273 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Fresno CA USA
Originally Posted by blowfish23 View Post
I've had virgin mobile for almost 2 years now and when I signed up, text messages were 5 cents each. Now it has jumped to 15 cents each. But for me, it still only costs me 5 cents. I think it's probably the same way with t-mobile's data plans. If you signed up for the $6 plan awhile ago, you still have it, but new t-mobile users can't get it.
As well as locking us in, the long term contract of one or two years may be what's fixing our prices. After years of renewing every two with Verizon I haven't renewed for a new phone this time. We'll have to see what happens. I've become disapointed over time with their business terms. They cut the renewal bonus toward a new phone in half to $50. More phone features are crippled to force you to buy content from them and eliminated the low speed data for voice minutes to force users into expensive broadband contracts. Verizon's network is good but they have thrown away my customer loyalty.
Personal Blog -- 3 Joe's Blog

N810 -- 5.2010.33-1

Posts: 94 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Oct 2006 @ Metro Detroit Michigan USA
Originally Posted by fragos View Post
As well as locking us in, the long term contract of one or two years may be what's fixing our prices. After years of renewing every two with Verizon I haven't renewed for a new phone this time. We'll have to see what happens. I've become disapointed over time with their business terms. They cut the renewal bonus toward a new phone in half to $50. More phone features are crippled to force you to buy content from them and eliminated the low speed data for voice minutes to force users into expensive broadband contracts. Verizon's network is good but they have thrown away my customer loyalty.
Same here, both my phones are up for renewal with Verizon this December. Verizon's been hot and heavy after me to upgrade and renew now, but I'm waiting. I'm most disappointed in their crippled handsets, I can't even browse my Blackberry's sd card via bluetooth on my n800, let alone do anything useful. Their network is very good around here, but I still had to get an old fashioned pager to cover those out of coverage spots I seem to always stand in.