Just to confirm one of the other Q's on this thread, I get 3.5G in the UK on my N95 (HSDPA).

Posts: 132 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on May 2007 @ Portugal
Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
As a n95 owner, I have to point out that the GPS is REALLY REALLY bad. It has 3-5 minute initial lock times and very poor receive sensitivity..
on my n95 it takes less than 1 minute with a-gps off. with a-gps on it takes less than 10 secs.
with a-gps off it locks faster if you do not move while searching for satellites.

Posts: 132 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on May 2007 @ Portugal
Originally Posted by Groover View Post
For those of you interested, I've just got this working.

Install the software for your Nokia - N95, N82, E60 or 6110 from

http://www.joiku.com/index.php?actio...product_id=351
Great. It worked first time. (N95 + N800)

... and thanks Reggie for providing the information.

Last edited by luso; 2008-08-22 at 19:29.

Originally Posted by Reggie View Post
This is a great solution. I've tried this before and can never figure out how to do it. Symarctic ExtGPS is the key app here that makes all these possible.

Btw, the N95 actually has an assisted GPS (aGPS) option that makes use of the cell towers together with the GPS so it can get a fix to the satellites in view faster. It is 3.5G compatible too.
Reggie,

If you pass this thread by again, you should give this another go. I'm only a n00b and managed to figure it out in 10 mins.

Does anybody know if there is an application like ExtGPS but for windows mobile phones (a samsung blackjack ii i617 to be more presicelly)?

Thanks

Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
FWIW, I can confirm the Symarctic ExtGPS application works together with Nokia E71 while this is not listed as supported device. Please do read the EULA though.