the nokia N900 is coming to nokiausa site soon, a rep on the site says to check back next week, also as of yet there are no prices, link .. http://www.nokiausa.com/find-products/phones/nokia-n900

REMEMBER this is NOT a NAM 3G version guys, but will work on T-mo 3G

The Following User Says Thank You to biggzy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 52 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Washington, DC
Cool. I assumed it would show up about a week after Nokia World (they will get a lot more buzz launching it first in Europe).

I would argue that it is in fact very much a NAM 3G version, just not ATT's 3G (which as a T-Mobile customer, I am thankful for).

If I was going to use ATT as a provider (I don't have any ATT signal where I live), I'd have bought an iPhone by now.

The Following User Says Thank You to switchfiend For This Useful Post:
Posts: 307 | Thanked: 157 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ Illinois, USA
Its up for preorder for $649 and includes a free bluetooth headset. If it follows suit with the N97 and drops about $70 in the next 2 months to $580 or possibly (please) $550, I will probably get it. Although if its at $550 on nokiausa, its probably going to be $500 flat on amazon.com and I'll definitely snag it.

Although if Tmobile has it for $200 or less, I'm switching from ATT.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mmurfin87 For This Useful Post:
@ mmurfin87

where do you see the price of $649 on the nokia web site ?

The Following User Says Thank You to aikon800 For This Useful Post:
Never mind I found it.

http://www.nokiausa.com/find-products

By the way is it normal in the US for certain 3G frequencies to only work with certain network operators' SIM cards? Seems like another way to reduce competition if so...

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by krisse View Post
By the way is it normal in the US for certain 3G frequencies to only work with certain network operators' SIM cards? Seems like another way to reduce competition if so...
Erm, it doesn't have anything to do with SIM cards. . . . Certain networks just use certain frequencies.

Originally Posted by biggzy View Post
the nokia N900 is coming to nokiausa site soon, a rep on the site says to check back next week, also as of yet there are no prices, link .. http://www.nokiausa.com/find-products/phones/nokia-n900

REMEMBER this is NOT a NAM 3G version guys, but will work on T-mo 3G

emmmm! ok guys i live in uk and i want to order it from for example from nokiausa..soo the 3g won't work for me here on vodafone !? mybe i'm newbie but need to know what's the difference between t-mobile 3g version and the nam 3g one plzzz !
thank u guys for the great support over here!

Originally Posted by GeneralAntilles View Post
Erm, it doesn't have anything to do with SIM cards. . . . Certain networks just use certain frequencies.
Let me put it this way: if some frequencies only work with some network operators, that is effectively another form of phone locking. If you want to switch to a rival network operator but they don't use your phone's 3G frequency, then you cannot use the rival's 3G network.

In Europe the 3G frequencies are standard across most network operators so you can switch network operators without having to change your 3G phone. That means any SIM card will work in the phone because the phone's frequencies work with any network operator.

Originally Posted by xavi6 View Post
emmmm! ok guys i live in uk and i want to order it from for example from nokiausa..soo the 3g won't work for me here on vodafone !? mybe i'm newbie but need to know what's the difference between t-mobile 3g version and the nam 3g one plzzz !
thank u guys for the great support over here!
If you're in the UK you shouldn't buy any 3G phones from North or South America. They use different 3G frequencies so their phones won't necessarily work on 3G in the UK or the rest of Europe.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to krisse For This Useful Post: