Notices

I wan't to note some things...

1) Mieru takes a lot of time to load... And nothing is displayed while doing it... So I allways end with several Mieru instances open... As much as I hate them I think a splash screen is needed.

2) Current page should be "remembered" at each page change, not just when the application is closed, because when it crashes it's a pain to look for the last page.

3) If the saved page / folder doesn't exist anymore, (was deleted or unmounted) it takes lot's of time to open mieru... It also opens in the binary folder and no in the user home.

4) Refreshing the image list: If some images are added to the current folder, Mieru doesn't detect them... Think about reading while downloading from an online reader.

5)Keyboard shortcuts for:
Zoom +
Zoom -
Fit width
Fit height
1:1
Fit page
Prev. Page
Next Page.

While a better solution is made, would be greatly apreciated.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xvan For This Useful Post:
And as a thank you...
Here is my script to download from mangareader

It's ugly but works for me...

Requires to install:
bash
wget

Takes for argument a url of any mangareader manga page.
Keeps downloading from there, untill the last page of the las chapter available for that manga.

Code:
./mangareader.sh http://www.mangareader.net/111-3640-1/20th-century-boys/chapter-1.html
Attached Files
File Type: txt mangareader.sh.txt (1.2 KB, 111 views)

Last edited by xvan; 2012-12-13 at 00:20.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to xvan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by KFX View Post
Feature request: using kinetic scrolling to change pages (with horizontal swipes), not just scroll the current page up and down.

I would also appreciate an option to turn the volume control shortcut for turning pages off. I prefer that the volume control controls volume, not whatever random thing the currently open app uses it for.
As you mention using volume keys for paging, you are probably using Mieru with the old Clutter GUI on a N900 without CSSU. If you don't mind upgrading to CSSU, Mieru can use the new QML based GUI, that uses touchscreen paging & doesn't actually yet support volume keys.

Regarding kinetic scrolling on the old Clutter GUI - it would be quite complicated to add. The kinetic scrolling algorithm is already custom written & extending it for this would be probably quite difficult. And the as the Clutter GUI currently runs only on PR 1.3 N900 without CSSU & the QML GUI is used everywhere else, extending it is unfortunately not a priority.

The Following User Says Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by xvan View Post
I wan't to note some things...
Thanks for the feedback! I've added Github Issues for all your tickets. Feel free to comment on theme - either here on on the actual issues on Github.

1) Mieru takes a lot of time to load... And nothing is displayed while doing it... So I allways end with several Mieru instances open... As much as I hate them I think a splash screen is needed.
https://github.com/M4rtinK/mieru/issues/64
I already have splashscreen for Harmattan & BB10, so modifying it for Fremantle should be easy.

2) Current page should be "remembered" at each page change, not just when the application is closed, because when it crashes it's a pain to look for the last page.
https://github.com/M4rtinK/mieru/issues/63

3) If the saved page / folder doesn't exist anymore, (was deleted or unmounted) it takes lot's of time to open mieru... It also opens in the binary folder and no in the user home.
https://github.com/M4rtinK/mieru/issues/65

4) Refreshing the image list: If some images are added to the current folder, Mieru doesn't detect them... Think about reading while downloading from an online reader.
This is actually a known issue, caused by a limitation of the FolderListModel:
https://github.com/M4rtinK/mieru/issues/20
But it looks like there are some workarounds, so it should be fixable.

5)Keyboard shortcuts for:
Zoom +
Zoom -
Fit width
Fit height
1:1
Fit page
Prev. Page
Next Page.

While a better solution is made, would be greatly apreciated.
https://github.com/M4rtinK/mieru/issues/66

And as a thank you...

Requires to install:
bash
wget

Keeps downloading from there, untill the last page of the las chapter available for that manga.

Code:
./mangareader.sh http://www.mangareader.net/111-3640-1/20th-century-boys/chapter-1.html
Thanks! I want to eventually integrate something like this directly to Mieru, with backends for the various online manga libraries. As there seem to be quite a lot of online manga readers on other platforms, it should be quite doable.

BTW, I'll probably start with supporting Batato & Manga Access, as all others seem to convert all their content to JPEG with horrible compression artifacts everywhere.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
Mieru port to BB10 is now finally available from the BlackBerry (App)World !

To install it, visit the Mieru page in World, search for "Mieru" in appworld or just scan this QrCode with the World application

(to switch to the QrCode scanning mode in the World application, swipe from the upper border of the screen and in the menu that shows up, select read barcode)

Testing & feedback is welcome !

And of course, you can also donate for the good Mieru cause

bitcoin:1ETsN9q7xgwMjVtZMHFoxe65hWeghgxN17

Last edited by MartinK; 2013-02-17 at 00:29.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 92 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ China
any new version for meego??

The Following User Says Thank You to mdbxh For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mdbxh View Post
any new version for meego??
The above mentioned Mieru for BB10 is a straight port that has the same functionality as Mieru for Maemo & MeeGo 1.2 Harmattan.

But as both my BB10 & Android porting work finally reached a usable state, I plan to devote more of my time to working on modRana & Mieru.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 835 | Thanked: 772 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Finland
I have been wondering for awhile now what does Manga mode in settings does? Enabling it has no effect on anything for me.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kozzi For This Useful Post:
And as a thank you...

Requires to install:
bash
wget

Code:
thanks for this, it's been really useful for downloading manga on my n900

here's another one for mangafox https://github.com/techwizrd/MangaFo...master/mfdl.py

Originally Posted by Kozzi View Post
I have been wondering for awhile now what does Manga mode in settings does? Enabling it has no effect on anything for me.
it starts the page at the top right instead of the top left (assuming you don't have the page set to "fit to width" and the pages are larger than 800px in width)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lonk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 741 | Thanked: 900 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Auckland NZ
Are you working on a Sailfish port?

The Following User Says Thank You to maluka For This Useful Post: