Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
sharing and exchanging files between the N810 and a "regular phone" (whatever that means....)? just enable bluetooth. send files in both directions. or directly access your phone via the file manager.
Calm down on the use of "regular" phone - I didn't want to assume which phone we were talking about.

Anyway, I absolutely despise bluetooth OBEX. Too slow. Look above, I'm using full-blown wifi speeds, 5.6mb photo in seconds.

Not a perfect method; but it's one that prior to my answer was said to not exist. There are other ways.

Posts: 415 | Thanked: 182 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Leeds UK
Originally Posted by sachin007 View Post
Nokia if you are listening for god's sake do something.
I know how you feel here, I've been hanging on and hanging on.
I had a thought last night, would it be possible that the "rover" will be an N97 with maemo? They are being released in the same time frame?
Maybe a symbian and a maemo version of the same phone?
Not sure I like that or not, but it would make things interesting.

Posts: 258 | Thanked: 176 times | Joined on May 2009 @ Paris France
Thx Gerbick, i will investigate this soon !

Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by deadmalc View Post
I had a thought last night, would it be possible that the "rover" will be an N97 with maemo? They are being released in the same time frame?
The hardware is quite different (esp. CPU) so it doesn't seem plausible.

Posts: 1,137 | Thanked: 402 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Catalunya
Originally Posted by lma View Post
At least maemo has a public, open bugzilla and bugs sometimes even get fixed.
Really? I just thought it was a place to say buy our newest device or get lost

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by luca View Post
Really? I just thought it was a place to say buy our newest device or get lost
Wow. I thought I was bitter over being dumped from the 770 and N810, left stranded in the cold water in the back of the shower while Nokia is up front getting all of the warm water.

And the scrolling issue I put up in bugs.maemo - "Fixed in Fremantle", but not my current device.

Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
The only problem I see with Nokia being so late is that the hardware will be outdated by the time the phone is out. I am already starting to consider it outdated by now.
Note that having outdated hardware means nothing to me (happy with the n810), having to pay $400+ for it does.

Right now I would only pay more than $500 for a 1 Ghz OMAP3/OMAP4 device with _decent_ battery life. Before the end of the year that'll be $400.

I personally see neither the iPhone nor the Palm Pre as "interesting" competitors in any way. It's not because they're phones though.

Posts: 631 | Thanked: 1,123 times | Joined on Sep 2005 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by javispedro View Post
The only problem I see with Nokia being so late is that the hardware will be outdated by the time the phone is out. I am already starting to consider it outdated by now.
Note that having outdated hardware means nothing to me (happy with the n810), having to pay $400+ for it does. Right now I would only pay more than $500 for a 1 Ghz OMAP3/OMAP4 device with _decent_ battery life. Before the end of the year that'll be $400.
I personally see neither the iPhone nor the Palm Pre as "interesting" competitors in any way. It's not because they're phones though.
If you consider OMAP3 to be outdated right now, every piece of HW you will ever able to buy in your lifetime will be outdated.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ragnar For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by javispedro View Post
Right now I would only pay more than $500 for a 1 Ghz OMAP3/OMAP4 device with _decent_ battery life. Before the end of the year that'll be $400.
So, the only things up-to-date are those that aren't available and wont be available for quite some time?

Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
I was too harsh. It's just the feeling that while the N8x0 had a better processor than most other handhelds when it was released, it is weird that the N900 will get the plain same processor than the Palm Pre (specially when Palm has _always_ been late to the hw party).