Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by Cow View Post
thx mr_pingu.. but i got no idea what errata is. maybe u can show me or guide me a step by step of doing it ?
it would be much better for newbies like me
Newbies like you (and not only newbies) should at least read what is written in the first post of this very thread before asking such questions.

Otherwise you should open xterm and as root do:

apt-get install --reinstall kernel-cssu-flasher

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
but this is not recognized by cleven and other apps that depend on kernel power. so no i have kp50 installed. now i will install cssu thumb and after installing that i will --- apt-get install --reinstall kernel-cssu-flasher. am i right?

Originally Posted by Mohammed Muid View Post
but this is not recognized by cleven and other apps that depend on kernel power. so no i have kp50 installed. now i will install cssu thumb and after installing that i will --- apt-get install --reinstall kernel-cssu-flasher. am i right?
No, read the instructions on the first post once. And stop asking more questions before you do that. Your next question which is answered on either first post or in CSSU wiki, will be the next after the last I am answering to.

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900

Community SSU developer

The Following User Says Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
we noobs are not understanding it. rather than telling us to read the first post y dont you just tell it here. i read the first post thrice. dint get the answer. once i installed thumb and then kp50. device rebooted. then i flashed and install kp50 again. afraid to do anythng else. jst making sure what to do. since u know all these things.

1. Install CSSU-Testing. (by updating through HAM or FAM)
2. Install CSSU-Thumb. (by updating through HAM or FAM)
3. Bugs, problems? Post them here.

Little manual for everyone.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to XeonDead For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Mohammed Muid View Post
we noobs are not understanding it. rather than telling us to read the first post y dont you just tell it here. i read the first post thrice. dint get the answer. once i installed thumb and then kp50. device rebooted. then i flashed and install kp50 again. afraid to do anythng else. jst making sure what to do. since u know all these things.
If you don't understand it then better not touch it, I clearly stated this is experimental (read not for you).

I opened that thread with the idea of having some helping hands, testers, etc. Not as some "linux entry level" course.

How do you think, which is better: me, hanging here trying to help ONLY YOU, or me hanging in front of QtCreator, ScratchBox, whatever the current development environment I am using is, doing stuff that (hopefully) will make lots more people (including you) have a better stuff on their devices.

See, I would really beg you to either read, self educate and help yourself, or to not touch this stuff until (and if) it is announced to be out of its experimental phase.

Thanks for your understanding.

Community SSU developer

The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 889 | Thanked: 2,087 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Manchester
Originally Posted by XeonDead View Post

HAM is the only method to be used for CSSU updates.

Also it is probably best if people use backupmenu before each update of what is experimental software.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mrsellout For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by XeonDead View Post

what i have already installed kp50? after upgrading to cssu thumb. i got update to cssu kernel. once i installed them i got guru meditation. required kernel files not found. then i had to flash.(previously) dont we need kp50? day before yesterday i had kp50 and cssu -T installed. then like the way u mentioned i installed cssu THUMB. then i got update to cssu kernel. i upgraded it thru xterminal. then boom. kernel files not found.had to reflash. then now i only installed kp50. thats y i am asking. bt thanks anyway. hope u can help more.

@freemangordon

sorry.

Well, FAM worked for me pretty fine with upgrading mp-community-fremantle-pr only. For CSSU-Testing and for CSSU-Thumb.

As FAM and HAM are only GUIs for apt-get, there's no real difference between them. (only that FAM is better, when HAM reboots system after upgrade). So there's no point in choosing HAM or FAM.

If you have kp50 (no u-boot), kernel-cssu-flasher. If you do have u-boot, you'll have to work with booting of the kernel-cssu-bootimg (or there's already working image, i don't know.)

Last edited by XeonDead; 2012-06-22 at 20:55.

right now i only have kp50. no u-boot at this very moment. i want to install cssu thumb safely without kernel crashing or phone rebooting.

Tags
code size, dinosaurs, fmg ftw!, fmg.da.king, performance, thumb, thumb life