Active Topics

Closed Thread
Posts: 102 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by AlMehdi View Post
I think Nokia leaked this release so the Geeks could test it out before official release. So we should thank Nokia for this. I think if we don't find any missing parts the official will be released in a couple of days.. my bet will be on Wednesday.
Yeah something like that. This should happen more often since this is much different than symbian

Posts: 45 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ On the Milky Way
Originally Posted by AlMehdi View Post
I think Nokia leaked this release so the Geeks could test it out before official release. So we should thank Nokia for this. I think if we don't find any missing parts the official will be released in a couple of days.. my bet will be on Wednesday.
True. They can win some time with this.
This way, it's a lot faster to find the problems.
n900: Fremantle/Maemo 5

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by nosa101 View Post
What phones have this 3g video calling thing right now? I'm curious
I'm not aware of many 3G phones on the market that do not support 3G video calls. My cheap SonyEricsson from 2006 does. My Nokia 6110 Navigator does. The cheap C5 does. The X6 does. - Browsing through the spec sheets of a few 3G models, I only found 2 that did not support standard 3G video calls, the N900 being one of them.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to benny1967 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 45 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ On the Milky Way
Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
I'm not aware of many 3G phones on the market that do not support 3G video calls. My cheap SonyEricsson from 2006 does. My Nokia 6110 Navigator does. The cheap C5 does. The X6 does. - Browsing through the spec sheets of a few 3G models, I only found 2 that did not support standard 3G video calls, the N900 being one of them.
N900 is the first
n900: Fremantle/Maemo 5

The Following User Says Thank You to MaxyOne For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Damn it! I can't find the usb cable to connect my n900 to computer. I can't flash it today noooooooooo

Posts: 395 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on May 2010 @ TMO
Originally Posted by MaxyOne View Post
True. They can win some time with this.
This way, it's a lot faster to find the problems.
At least this time we are WILLING beta testers, unlike the usual S60 phones!

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by jamie721 View Post
why would you want 3g video phone calling when i read that skype video calling works now?
Because with 3G video calls, you can call anyone any time.

With Skype, you can only call people who have a Skype account and who happen to be online when you want to call them.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to benny1967 For This Useful Post:
Please do not distribute or link to any non-official beta, early release, or hacked files here in maemo.org. It is against Nokia's EULA and considered illegal. Members doing so may be legally charged with copyright infringement. We advice that you stop proliferating such files immediately.

Let's put a stop on it her right now. Please stop sharing the illegal file(s) on other threads, your signatures, or private messages.

For the community, please report posts and/or members who are still linking to the illegal files. The posts will be deleted and the reported members may be banned.

Thank you.

Last edited by Reggie; 2010-05-02 at 13:09.

The Following 64 Users Say Thank You to Reggie For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
brucee lee, cheesey wotsits, guinea pigs, haha nokia, impact, impatience, in the evening, is a virtue, just deserts, kill bill, mr miyagi, oh la la budha, pr1.2, thx chuck, unofficial, usher-omg