Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
In the meanwhile - libtime0 RE is almost finished, clockd will take some time, fortunately we have some clue from Nokia which will ease it - http://maemo.org/api_refs/5.0/alpha/clockd/files.html

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Slowly getting further. xset770 and anim-shower are actually featured in real-af-startup. As posted earlier xset700 is building fine without libxsp so I guess it's ok. anim-shower has a background clear line disabled at the moment just to get an installable package. DSME will start manually but has a few issues regarding BOOTSTATE.

Today has been sorting out a few small fixes here and there and sorting out git repos.

upstart-dev compat package uploaded to my repo. The contents are the same as the original maemo version but it doesn't require upstart source. It will need to be fixed to address /etc/event.d at some stage, but at least for now it allows other packages to be built.

I've forked dsme and commited a few fixes I had to do to get it to build except the echo -e fix. Some are from Mer, adapted to suit our version.

There is also https://github.com/android-808/dsme/...af31d2d5a17f36 which turns of a compiler warning for now. There is a slight change in Mer version where there is a if dummy < 0 check to avoid one of the warnings but they don't have a spawn.c. Is it worth just removing "dummy"?

I haven't tested the dsme changes building for arm/on the N900 so you might want to go over them before applying them to a real device.

Anyway, here for anyone interested is a list of the current projects. Not all are built, some have been built without certain dependencies.

hildon-control-panel-gtk3/
hildon-desktop-gtk3/ Cordia port.
hildon-home/
hildon-home-gtk3/ New, CSSU based
hildon-status-menu-gtk3/ New, CSSU based
libhildondesktop-gtk3/ Cordia port, but inline with CSSU IIRC
libhildon-gtk3/ Cordia port.
libmatchbox2-gtk3/ Cordia port/
libosso-3.6+0m6/ - not currently used from harmattan
Maemo/ Userland components
maemo-launcher-gtk3/
Nemo/ Userland components
osso-xterm-master/ -no repo, not yet finished. Cordia port.
status-menu-applet-profiles-gtk3/ New, CSSU based

Maemo Userland: (folders with version numbers are from Maemo repos, those without are CSSU git versions)
base-files-3.1.osso2+3.1.10.osso25+0m5/ Not built
dsme/
dsme-thermalobject-surface/ Needs rx51-battery support
hildon-initscripts-1.26/ Not built
icd2-osso-ic-dev-2.0+0m5/
iphbd/
libcal/
libconic-0.24+fremantle1+0m5/
libdevlock/
libdsme-0.60.30+0m5/
libosso-2.32/
mce/
mce-dev-1.8.19+0m5/
osso-af-settings-0.9.2/ Not sure on status
osso-af-startup-1.80/
osso-af-utils/
osso-app-killer-1.33/
osso-core-config-0.6.8+0m5/
osso-systemui/
osso-systemui-dbus-dev/
osso-systemui-dbus-dev-0.1.3+0m5/
osso-systemui-devlock-dev/
osso-systemui-modechange-dev/
osso-systemui-powerkeymenu/ Needs GTK3 port.
osso-systemui-splashscreen-dev/
osso-systemui-tklock/
upstart-dev/ New, reduced fat version ONLY for Jessie/Stretch.

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
shall I RE it?
It is already open source and part of CSSU: https://github.com/community-ssu/oss.../src/xset770.c

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Android_808 View Post
Slowly getting further. xset770 and anim-shower are actually featured in real-af-startup. As posted earlier xset700 is building fine without libxsp so I guess it's ok. anim-shower has a background clear line disabled at the moment just to get an installable package. DSME will start manually but has a few issues regarding BOOTSTATE.
Which problems?

Today has been sorting out a few small fixes here and there and sorting out git repos.

upstart-dev compat package uploaded to my repo. The contents are the same as the original maemo version but it doesn't require upstart source. It will need to be fixed to address /etc/event.d at some stage, but at least for now it allows other packages to be built.

I've forked dsme and commited a few fixes I had to do to get it to build except the echo -e fix. Some are from Mer, adapted to suit our version.
if you needs -e param for echo, then you need to use bash as shell. In Makefile it can be done by adding line:

SHELL := /bin/bash

There is also https://github.com/android-808/dsme/...af31d2d5a17f36 which turns of a compiler warning for now. There is a slight change in Mer version where there is a if dummy < 0 check to avoid one of the warnings but they don't have a spawn.c. Is it worth just removing "dummy"?
Patch is OK. Turning useless warning off is the right way. If that compiler param is already supported by scratchbox's gcc we can merge it.

I haven't tested the dsme changes building for arm/on the N900 so you might want to go over them before applying them to a real device.

Anyway, here for anyone interested is a list of the current projects. Not all are built, some have been built without certain dependencies.

hildon-control-panel-gtk3/
hildon-desktop-gtk3/ Cordia port.
hildon-home/
hildon-home-gtk3/ New, CSSU based
hildon-status-menu-gtk3/ New, CSSU based
libhildondesktop-gtk3/ Cordia port, but inline with CSSU IIRC
libhildon-gtk3/ Cordia port.
libmatchbox2-gtk3/ Cordia port/
libosso-3.6+0m6/ - not currently used from harmattan
Maemo/ Userland components
maemo-launcher-gtk3/
Nemo/ Userland components
osso-xterm-master/ -no repo, not yet finished. Cordia port.
status-menu-applet-profiles-gtk3/ New, CSSU based

Maemo Userland: (folders with version numbers are from Maemo repos, those without are CSSU git versions)
base-files-3.1.osso2+3.1.10.osso25+0m5/ Not built
dsme/
dsme-thermalobject-surface/ Needs rx51-battery support
hildon-initscripts-1.26/ Not built
icd2-osso-ic-dev-2.0+0m5/
iphbd/
libcal/
libconic-0.24+fremantle1+0m5/
libdevlock/
libdsme-0.60.30+0m5/
libosso-2.32/
mce/
mce-dev-1.8.19+0m5/
osso-af-settings-0.9.2/ Not sure on status
osso-af-startup-1.80/
osso-af-utils/
osso-app-killer-1.33/
osso-core-config-0.6.8+0m5/
osso-systemui/
osso-systemui-dbus-dev/
osso-systemui-dbus-dev-0.1.3+0m5/
osso-systemui-devlock-dev/
osso-systemui-modechange-dev/
osso-systemui-powerkeymenu/ Needs GTK3 port.
osso-systemui-splashscreen-dev/
osso-systemui-tklock/
upstart-dev/ New, reduced fat version ONLY for Jessie/Stretch.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
Which problems?
My fault, environmeny wasn't configured quite right (BOOTSTATE was in user's environment but not root's). Starts now when called manually but is built for an amd64 virtual machine as I don't have a spare N900 to actually test on. My only phone is my daily so can't risk damaging it/messing up install at the moment.

Patch is OK. Turning useless warning off is the right way. If that compiler param is already supported by scratchbox's gcc we can merge it.
I have a bad habit of fixing several bits at once to get the package building and then having to go back and create individual patches using the original source and meld or just bundling them all in one. This one I tried to be a little more careful with in case you wanted any of the patches for the CSSU version.

if you needs -e param for echo, then you need to use bash as shell. In Makefile it can be done by adding line:

SHELL := /bin/bash
Does scratchbox default to bash? Just wondering as there are several packages this affects. I think long term they should/could be made portable. I've not got the usual laptop for Maemo packages with me to check at the moment.

Stock/repo version of xset770 includes the libxsp headers and links against it but I can't see anywhere it actually uses them. If it means one less package to build and maintain I'm all for it ditching it.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
Does scratchbox default to bash?
Yes. /bin/sh is symlink to bash. There is no POSIX shell!

Just wondering as there are several packages this affects. I think long term they should/could be made portable. I've not got the usual laptop for Maemo packages with me to check at the moment.
Those are broken packages which needs to be fixed if you want to compile then outside scratchbox.

Stock/repo version of xset770 includes the libxsp headers and links against it but I can't see anywhere it actually uses them. If it means one less package to build and maintain I'm all for it ditching it.
Then it is good candidate also for CSSU to remove useless dependency.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
@Android_808: please pull latest osso-systemui, iphbd and iphbd-dkms (this is the kernel module needed by iphbd) from the cssu repo, it has all the problems so far (I am aware of) fixed. Also, you may want to pull clockd (it is WIP, but libtime0 should be fully REed)

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
ok, i'll take a look. it might have to wait till monday as I've got to work all weekend.

libtime0 should be a big help. just need to remember what package it was that needed it....

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
I have updated my copies of libhildon & libhildondesktop to provide libhildon3 and libhildondesktop3 instead. They now install headers to a new directory (/usr/include/hildon-3 vs hildon-1) and the library and *.pc file have also been renamed the same way. I'm hoping this will resolve some of the gtk2 vs gtk3 dependencies.

My version of hildon-desktop has also been updated to depend on these and has been renamed hildon-desktop3 to avoid conflict should someone feel even more insane and try to install both side by side.

hildon-home, hildon-status-menu and status-menu-applet-profiles need updating to use them.

Most of the above files actually depend on upstart-dev for the previously mentioned dh_* scripts. None of the packages depend on it though. I got around the issue earlier by just commenting the line out in the rules file for now, but will need to fix correctly later.

Earlier I pushed the fix to my osso-systemui repo to resolve the configure check not detecting the gtk3 variant. I haven't updated this yet to use hildon-3 but you just have to change the top line to [hildon-3, gtk+-3.0].

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post: