Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
I'm about to throw the damned thing away because of thes updates. Update, re-boot, update, re-boot, update... It's bee like that since yesterday evening, I haven't been able to use the phone att all.
The other side of that coin is abandonware phones forever marooned on android 4.4....

The Following User Says Thank You to Jedibeeftrix For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by Jeffrey04 View Post
just as painful if u ever factory reset a jolla and running through all the updates again
Not quite. On my Jolla, I see which OS Version is about to be installed. On this Xperia it's just download after download and I don't have the slightest idea if it's a new version each time or if I'm in a loop. And I don't see if the update I install was published two weeks ago (and is likely to be last in the row) or if it's from last year.

Last edited by benny1967; 2017-07-13 at 11:33.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to benny1967 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 81 | Thanked: 342 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
Not quite. On my Jolla, I see which OS Version is about to be installed. On this Xperia it's just download after download and I don't have the slightest idea if it's a new version each time or if I'm in a loop. And I don't see if the update I install was published two weeks ago (and is likely to be last in the row) or if it's from last year.
Agree. And where are the changelogs?

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jukk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 252 | Thanked: 597 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by jukk View Post
That's very annoying, indeed.

If you want to backup the Sony DRM keys before unlocking the phone (they will be lost after unlocking), do it before upgrading to Android 7.

What is amazing is that all needed tools were available for desktop linux. The DRM backup (backupTA based on DirtyCow!) and flash tool. I used Android SDK tools to unlock it using Sony's instructions and then install TWRP and a custom ROM. I'm happy because I don't have a Windows PC available.
Can't you backup the DRM keys after upgrading to Android 7?
And if you can't can you downgrade to Android 6 and back them up then?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LouisDK For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by LouisDK View Post
Can't you backup the DRM keys after upgrading to Android 7?
And if you can't can you downgrade to Android 6 and back them up then?
The current backup tool uses an exploit in Android 6 (the infamous Dirty Cow). According to the guide that I partly followed, you will be able to downgrade: https://forum.xda-developers.com/xpe...ria-x-t3590476

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jukk For This Useful Post:
I expect this won't be much of a problem for me, because I don't care about DRM (and TrackID). But I backed up the DRM anyway if I have to restore it when selling the phone or something.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jukk For This Useful Post:
I see some custom kernels with "DRM fix" available for Android on xda.
Seems like they revert full camera quality even with unlocked BL.

PS I'm gonna test it myself in a couple of days, but people say that if you flash dual-sim F5122 with android fw from F5121, then F5122 will work and behave like F5121 except with 64GB ROM.

Last edited by lantern; 2017-07-15 at 15:49.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to lantern For This Useful Post:
I've just checked. After flashing F5121 fw of Android 6.0.1 on my dual-sim F5122 it successfully booted up, showing its model as F5121. With 1 SIM card slot, and 32 GB (and not 64GB!) of storage.

So if Jolla doesn't change anything, Sailfish should probably work on dual-sim Xperia X as is.
Although I'm eager to get Sailfish with dual-sim support on F5122.

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to lantern For This Useful Post:
Posts: 252 | Thanked: 597 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by lantern View Post
I've just checked. After flashing F5121 fw of Android 6.0.1 on my dual-sim F5122 it successfully booted up, showing its model as F5121. With 1 SIM card slot, and 32 GB (and not 64GB!) of storage.

So if Jolla doesn't change anything, Sailfish should probably work on dual-sim Xperia X as is.
Although I'm eager to get Sailfish with dual-sim support on F5122.
Maybe the fw for F5121 have fixed standard partitions for 32 GB rom which can be manually enlarged if installed on a F5122?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LouisDK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
So have this so called sailfish reached this kind of betaGroup?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:

Tags
sailfish os, sony xperia x