Posts: 5 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jan 2023 @ Devon, UK
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone was in the UK and didn't need their torx plus screwdrivers any more and wanted to sell them to me secondhand. I have an N9 and I want to change the battery. It's size 4IP and 5IP I need, yes?

Thanks,

Jack

Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Tools are something people add to their toolbox as they go through life. You never know when you may need them again, even if you get rid of the device in question, a friend may ask you to repair something.
People into repairing things would likely get a full kit of sizes (iFixit for example) and not wish to part with one or two.

Even if someone was willing to sell an individual driver by the time you have arranged for postage or fuel, you may as well order online or visit a localish toolshop.

Maybe someone will prove me wrong but just in case your left hanging and no one replies to your post.

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

The Following User Says Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
You sometimes get only one go upon stubborn chassis screw upon N9, so a worn one probably won't cut it. Make sure it has decent handle to get a lot of downforce upon screw. Screws around the battery frame are "T6". Give me a shout if need a few replacement screws.

If you run into problems or would like a spare N9 let me know as several now surplus to requirements.
Attached Images

Last edited by aspergerguy; 2023-01-14 at 15:17. Reason: Addition

Originally Posted by aspergerguy View Post
You sometimes get only one go upon stubborn chassis screw upon N9, so a worn one probably won't cut it. Make sure it has decent handle to get a lot of downforce upon screw. Screws around the battery frame are "T6". Give me a shout if need a few replacement screws.

If you run into problems or would like a spare N9 let me know as several now surplus to requirements.
That's a very kind offer! I would love to take you up on it, as it happens my N9's emmc partitions are also messed up, so having an N9 whose battery actually accepts charge and whose mmc is fine would speed up my efforts to get postmarketOS working properly on it (I have contributed a fair bit to device support on other devices - see https://gitlab.com/postmarketOS/pmap...r?search=t0lte). If you would like to help me in my efforts for the N9, please DM me for my address. Thanks so much. J

Unfortunately until you have made a few more posts here (quite a low number maybe 5 posts), you do not have the ability to use the PM = Personal Messaging facility for contact details. How about I send you three devices to be going on with as never know when emac will fail? These have all been resurrected in the past when others gave up, so probably running PR1.3 40.2012.21-3.420.4_PR_420 (Swiss variant for when all else fails). Time to choose.
Attached Images

Last edited by aspergerguy; 2023-01-18 at 16:11.

Unfortunately until you have made a few more posts here (quite a low number maybe 5 posts), you do not have the ability to use the PM = Personal Messaging facility for contact details. How about I send you three devices to be going on with as never know when emac will fail? These have all been resurrected in the past when others gave up, so probably running PR1.3 40.2012.21-3.420.4_PR_420 (Swiss variant for when all else fails). Time to choose.
Ok. Do you mind posting it to my workplace? Or alternatively, if you live between Exeter and London, I can meet you in person on one of my many journeys up each year to see my relatives. (Still reluctant to post my home address in public, sorry.)

[address removed]

Thanks

Last edited by Jack_Kekzoz; 2023-01-19 at 21:46.

[QUOTE=Jack_Kekzoz;1574949]Ok. Do you mind posting it to my workplace? Still reluctant to post my home address in public, sorry.)

No apologies needed as very wise. as live out in the sticks will send it to your workplace via Royal Mail Special Delivery but will probably go out Mon/Tues next week. You can edit post to remove address now if wanted.

The Following User Says Thank You to aspergerguy For This Useful Post:
[QUOTE=aspergerguy;1574950]
Originally Posted by Jack_Kekzoz View Post
Ok. Do you mind posting it to my workplace? Still reluctant to post my home address in public, sorry.)

No apologies needed as very wise. as live out in the sticks will send it to your workplace via Royal Mail Special Delivery but will probably go out Mon/Tues next week. You can edit post to remove address now if wanted.
Edited. Thanks so much.

Hi,
Your parcel is due for delivery by 1pm tomorrow (Tuesday), but if doesn't arrive for any reason please let me know.

Hi,
Your parcel is due for delivery by 1pm tomorrow (Tuesday), but if doesn't arrive for any reason please let me know.
Arrived fine, thanks so much - you've kept them in good shape.

I'll start development soon, very excited for a new up to date OS for this great device. Hopefully there won't be any hurdles too big to overcome.

All the best.

Jack