After 15 month uses, my 770 is white screen of death. Is this caused by a faulty design? It is out of warranty. I bought it from United States. Anyone know how much Nokia USA will ask for repairing it? Thanks!
Maybe I should consider buying 800 or 810. Any promotions now?
I really hope the next Gen can allow me to put a SIM card in and use it as a cellphone.

Welcome to the club.

Nokia won't repair it at all, as they no longer have parts for the 770. If you want to try to repair it yourself, one user reported success by replacing the screen from a unit that was flashed wrong.

Posts: 46 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Grenoble (France)
Do you know any stores which could have some 770 screens in stock? They sometimes buy remaining parts from manufacturers when they decide to stop production...

Are there some repair manual explaining how to chnage the screen?

Thanks,

Are you sure it's the WSoD? While I have heard of some people getting it a year later, but its usually pretty rare for that to happen. Normally WSoD happens early on in the the life of the device, usually after 10 or so reboots. I've had a problem from time to time where my screen was just white, but it was in some locked up state and removing the battery fixed it.

If it is the WSoD at this point the 770 is old technology and I don't think I would go through the effort of fixing it, just not worth it.

A shop to buy a Nokia 770 screen :

http://www.handyersatzteilshop.de/a_...7242784__.html

However the cost is high and the wsod could happen again..

Posts: 46 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Grenoble (France)
Glups! 119€! I bought my used 770 on ebay for 60€...