Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by clovis86 View Post
here maps has been renamed here wego
thx, i read about it just now. What a mega fail imho. Been using Here since early alpha and never walked a centimeter. But Here WeDrive sounds even more awkward
How can you seriously name your multimillion dollar app after a one-hit-wonder...

Regarding Google Services on Aquafish.
Intex always emphasized on the android compatibillity and rumor had it they would deliver with Playstore installed.
Many here, including me, doubted. So it is nice to see the outcome.
Maybe intex has a general license to use Playstore in all theyr phones, and this is now the first Sailfish Phone this applies to?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by clovis86 View Post
here maps has been renamed here wego
Yes, but it seems that not all are happy, see comments
http://360.here.com/2016/07/27/goodb...-to-here-wego/

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to delmar For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Not that HERE was a hot name either. I am not saying that the new name is a step in the right direction but it definitely is a step in the same direction.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Oh yeah, the google stuff comes pre-installed on aquafish.

By the way, I didn't want to do the wipe complete Intex traces thingy mentioned in TJC, rather wanted to try to figure what caused the recurring SMS issue. The journal had the following entries
Code:
Jul 29 02:39:00 Sailfish gaana-inactivity-killer[3825]: [W] MprisManager::checkController:592 - Mpris::PlaybackStatus Mpr
isManager::playbackStatus() const None service available/selected
Jul 29 02:39:00 Sailfish gaana-inactivity-killer[3825]: [D] Killer::checkStatus:66 - Display off, mpris state not playing -> ki
lling Gaana
Jul 29 02:39:00 Sailfish alien_settings_server[7299]: Alien is not running!
Jul 29 02:45:44 Sailfish kernel: BMS: check_recharge_condition: soc dropped below resume_soc soc=95 resume_soc=95, restart char
ging
Jul 29 02:53:39 Sailfish systemd[912]: Starting Sends an activation SMS to Intex...
Jul 29 02:53:39 Sailfish systemd[912]: Started Sends an activation SMS to Intex.
Jul 29 02:53:42 Sailfish sms-activation-intex[8219]: [W] ActivationService::messageStateChanged:227 - Unable to record th
at an activation was successfully sent.
Jul 29 02:53:42 Sailfish sms-activation-intex[8219]: [W] ActivationService::messageStateChanged:228 - "Permission denied"
"/mnt/vendor_data" true
Jul 29 02:53:42 Sailfish systemd[912]: Stopping Sends an activation SMS after the device has run for 3 hours.
Jul 29 02:53:42 Sailfish systemd[912]: Stopped Sends an activation SMS after the device has run for 3 hours.
Jul 29 02:53:45 Sailfish ofonod[815]: ussd_received
Jul 29 02:53:46 Sailfish tart[3852]: [D] onCompleted:340 - Warning: specifying an object instance for initialPage is sub-optima
l - prefer to use a Component
Jul 29 02:53:49 Sailfish ofonod[815]: sms received, smsc_len is 8
Jul 29 02:54:00 Sailfish gaana-inactivity-killer[3825]: [W] MprisManager::checkController:592 - Mpris::PlaybackStatus Mpr
isManager::playbackStatus() const None service available/selected
Jul 29 02:54:00 Sailfish gaana-inactivity-killer[3825]: [D] Killer::checkStatus:66 - Display off, mpris state not playing -> ki
lling Gaana
Jul 29 02:54:00 Sailfish alien_settings_server[7299]: Alien is not running!
It seems to me that the system service fails to register the sms as successfully sent even though I am charged for the whole exercise. Interestingly, sms is sent after three hours after phone switches on.

As an additional info, if plugged in, charging seems to restart after the battery level drops below 95%.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to lal For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Luckily, the Jolla C comes without Google Spy and Battery Drain Services.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by pycage View Post
Luckily, the Jolla C comes without Google Spy and Battery Drain Services.
Absolutely! Albeit i am running that crapware on it because i consciously obey certain app demands i "need" for work, i am all for freedom of choice.
Intex preinstalling Google services is the price for offering Sailfish to a broader public who are estimated to be overwhelmed by this decision.
Boarderline sheep-like treatment from one POV, making the plattform accessible from another.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
It just highlights what some of us have been saying since day one. The decision to include Android support at all in the first place was short-sighted, only bound to cause unspeakable problems in the long run.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 270 | Thanked: 610 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Leipzig/Germany
Yay, my Jolla C was delivered today (after they tried to deliver to my home address yesterday and I rerouted it to my work address).

http://www.seiichiro0185.org

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to seiichiro0185 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 259 | Thanked: 161 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Athens, GR
So I am the only one who needs to pay 146 Euros to Customs, otherwise no Jolla C... Greek Customs suck!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gsalone For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
thx, i read about it just now. What a mega fail imho. Been using Here since early alpha and never walked a centimeter. But Here WeDrive sounds even more awkward
How can you seriously name your multimillion dollar app after a one-hit-wonder...
Why Here WeGo? They should rename as Here Me(e)Go!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla c, sailfish os