Originally Posted by tz1 View Post
A fix for the newer, smaller, but nearly unobtainable connectors used on the n810:

MicroB to MiniB connector - for much less than Nokia charges (also allows host mode mod http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...ad.php?t=14092
)

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...T21EQ&v=glance

They also have a power adapter (the ultra-tiny to the old Nokia power connector which is much more common):

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...T21EQ&v=glance

(Note handling is charged once, so it is cheaper to get multiples to save on shipping).

I went to BestBuy and bought the Nokia cellular phone charger (it came with two adapters, I used the tiniest adapter). It cost $10 + tax.

You do have to screw the adapter cable all the way down the threads to make perfect contact.

iGo has them too, but the iGo is modular and is not very sensible to buy for just one device.

Hey tz1, none of those amazon, or the itT links worked for me in your thread. Can you double check them? The amazon ones might have an issue if you are linking while you are logged into your amazon account, not sure though.

Yeah, terminology.. a 'hard reset' in the mobile world usually means 'back to factory setting, delete anything installed by user'. Anyway, removing the battery while the device is up and running is _not_ a good idea, unless you're forced to do so e.g. because the device is unresponsive to buttons. It's like pulling the power chord on a desktop PC - you may end up with corrupted flash and memory card. Better shut down the operating system first.

I quite like the "Standard" Nokia charger. It lets you use the same charger wherever you are for both the Nokia Phone and the N810. Very conveniant.

I guess they could have included an option to charge through either port. Have seen this on other devices, where the USB lets you charge as well as the main adaptor, though more slowly.

Zuber

Posts: 1,674 | Thanked: 171 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Anderson, IN
i just dont like the little pin connector for the power , it wiggles around and seems very fragile , seems like ill damage it when using the device when plugged in

Posts: 83 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ queen creek , AZ
A tip;
if you got those cut to fit screen protectors put one over the camera lens so it doesnt get scratched when you put yo n810 in the car mount .....

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to realcomix For This Useful Post:
Still updating, lets here some more tips.

Anyone got any tips on a good case? What do you think about this one.

Posts: 31 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Toronto, ON Canada
it is nice if you plan on putting it a jacket pocket. I have ordered a belt clip case made from the same manufacture.

1) I found it handy to make an html file with the 20 links I use most frequently. These are arranged (short names, important at the left) for fastest access using the D-pad. This page is the home page for the browser.
2) I fire up the browser, email (currently claws), and terminal, AND leave them running. This way I can do 99% of my activity using the swap/esc button without touching the screen (or the "pen").
3) I wish I knew how to activate the application menu using the keyboard (alt-shift-tab under bluetooth). Then I would never have to worry about beach sand under the "pen" scratching the screen. (Wifi at the beach here.)