since Nokia already has a Ovi music store which will work as a backend database how come they cant get this feature implemented inside Ovi music. And when matches are found give the info on the music and offer to buy directly from Ovi music store.

The Following User Says Thank You to somedude For This Useful Post:
Posts: 590 | Thanked: 475 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ New York City
From Shazam, in reply to my email to them:

Hi there

While I can say our development team are continually working on bringing the service to as many platforms and regions as possible, there are currently no plans to release the app for Meego-based handsets.

Full details of any new release will be made available on our website .

Kind regards,

Daniel VanDamn
Customer Services

t: +44 (0) 845 052 8100
w: www.shazam.com

Oh well. Can't expect everything. But I'm hopeful Instinctiv (or another community-developed app) appears.

Posts: 311 | Thanked: 110 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Boston, MA
I got the same email from shazam a while back which is unfortunate...

I am also not hopeful about instinctiv as they halted all N900 development when they realized that the N900 support was dropped and it was not economically viable for them to continue development - now that the N9 is pretty much in the same boat I doubt it will convince them to restart their development...

Really unfortunate but nokia is totally to blame for this and their crappy handling of the maemo 5 and the meego platforms, they easily could have stood behind these platforms and made them main stream getting the support from the symbian developer communities through the shared QT platform...

Oh well, beating a dead horse here so I will stop...

The Following User Says Thank You to jer006 For This Useful Post:
Well, I made a same question for SoundHound and I really like their answer ... maybe, we should all let them know we really want Soundhound - then, who cares about Shazam ...

Hi Jari,

Thank you for being a part of the SoundHound community! Unfortunately, we currently do not have a compatible version for Meego, though we hope to have one in the future. Would you like to be notified when this is available? If so, please let me know. In the meantime, you can use our search feature on the web at www.midomi.com, or else use one of our SoundHound compatible d
evices.

Best,

Rachel

support@soundhound.com

SoundHound User Support

http://www.soundhound.com/

Originally Posted by alinux33 View Post
I am also looking for that app... the Store it' full of sh*ty stuff, useless things..
your the one who's full of ****

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chiappa For This Useful Post: