Notices

Posts: 39 | Thanked: 66 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Montreal
Originally Posted by Navi View Post
Oh, right. mmc2 is the internal slot. Yeah, I don't have an internal card. That should be configurable :P
I agree! But then again, it wasn't configurable in Comix... On the other hand, you could just edit the Python script, I guess--I dimly recall doing just that.

I'll add this feature tomorrow, there should be an update tomorrow night with this (I don't anticipate any big problems adding this).

If you don't want to wait, you can try moving the external card in the internal slot to see whether it works. Then maybe the app will leave you a better impression!

(Just my luck, the first beta user I get outside my house is somebody without a card in the internal slot Well, that's how bugs are found)

Thanks again!

Posts: 301 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Santiago, Chile
thanks! looks nice. Will it open zip or rars? most manga comes in this format, rather tan cbr.

Originally Posted by eliagp View Post
thanks! looks nice. Will it open zip or rars? most manga comes in this format, rather tan cbr.
Yes, that's no problem. File detection is done through reading the "magic number" at the beginning of the file, it doesn't even check the extension.

Originally Posted by eliagp View Post
Yes, that's no problem. File detection is done through reading the "magic number" at the beginning of the file, it doesn't even check the extension.

The Following User Says Thank You to bge For This Useful Post:
Excellent - I've been using Comix for a while, and those initial load times on a large file are a bit annoying sometimes - looking forward to trying this one out!

I can see a little tearing when scrolling around sometime.

E.g.

Any current plans to include gzip support? - I could convert the gzip archive to a different format, but I'm being lazy

Edit: Other than those, this looks very good! Thanks for the port, and the extra work you've put it hildonizing it for us!

Last edited by codeMonkey; 2008-09-24 at 08:17.

For some reason cbrPager quits when I try to open a zip file or a single image. I have the latest diablo installed on an N810. I could not investigate as I did not find any logs (noob) in /var/log/ directory.

Edit:
got some errors using the dmesg command:

FAT: Filesystem panic (dev mmcblk0p1)
fat_get_cluster: invalid cluster chain (i_pos 0)

Last edited by VortX; 2008-09-24 at 17:53.

VortX, do you have an SD card in the internal slot?

As a reference for anyone that doesn't know, a CBZ is just a zip, and a CBR is just a rar.

There's a bit of delay when scrolling. Evince is definitely snappier with comic archives (as much of a CPU and memory whore it is). Also, the fit-to-width doesn't adjust the size properly. It leaves a bit of extra space horizontally, as evident by the scroll bar in fit-to-width.

The Following User Says Thank You to Navi For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Navi View Post
VortX, do you have an SD card in the internal slot?
Yes, I did. Anyway, I scanned the external (no error) and the internal memories. The internal showed some wrongly allocated file in \tmp folder (see also the update to my previous post). After fixing the error it works well.

Thanks!

Posts: 301 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Santiago, Chile
I have to really thank you for this, I love manga, and one of the reasons I got the N800 was the Comix app. however it dissapointed me completely, as it choked on larger files and would crash halfway trough a chapter. Now you have given me a great little app that does everything I hoped comix would. THANKS