Notices

Posts: 359 | Thanked: 162 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Budapest
Originally Posted by saponga View Post
hi guys, i find this bug... im using PR 1.3 and tried install Alarmed from extras-testing. The GUI open with 3 buttons but just one tap on New event close it. thanks !
$ /opt/alarmed/alarmed.py
:: Starting alarmed GUI
QLayout: Attempting to add QLayout "" to AlarmedGUI "", which already has a layout
QLayout: Attempting to add QLayout "" to AlarmedGUI "", which already has a layout
Segmentation fault
~ $
I am getting exactly the same problem,same output. Cannot use Alarmed as a result. Am using the latest CSSU.

Posts: 123 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Russia
try:
Code:
apt-get install python-pyside

Posts: 359 | Thanked: 162 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Budapest
Originally Posted by ForeverYoung View Post
try:
Code:
apt-get install python-pyside
/home/user # apt-get install python-pyside
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Couldn't find package python-pyside
/home/user #

Posts: 502 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ /dev/null
A couple of suggestions for future alarmed:
1) Allow importing of old alarm_queue.ini.
2) Add workday functionality for one to use in events. Like in symbian phones, they allow you to set workdays for alarm to go off and you can simply uncheck days of the week off instead of manually turning off each alarm you set for that workday.
3) Maybe a custom event that allows one to set for specific event to happen for instance every month? E.g. my mobile broadband quota gets reset on the 22nd of every month but I can't set that easily without having to change it after the date has gone past.

hi, alarmed hasn't been working on my mobile for a while, and i now need it to work..

it does not open when lauched like others on this thread

the old alarms and gprs reset still function, it's just the interface that won't lauch.

from xterm i ger

importerror /usr/lib/pyton2.5/site-packages/pyside/qtcore.so: undefined symbol: _zn6pyside15destroylistener8instanceev

(just manually typed this )

any idea?

thanks

First of all: Finally a new version!

0.3.0-1
  • New: Switching to a specific network (as requested by rotoflex)
  • New: Builtin functions: Switch to 2G, 3G or Dual Mode
  • Fixed: Scheduling for 'Next...' now works (as reported by Deserve)

---

For all those who are experiencing Segmentation Faults or errors similar to "undefined symbol: _zn6pyside15destroylistener8instanceev": Make sure you're N900 is up-to-date and that you are in fact using python-pyside components. You can try this:
Code:
apt-get update
apt-get upgrade
apt-get install --reinstall python-pyside.qtcore python-pyside.qtgui python-pyside.qtmaemo5
If that doesn't work I'm out of clues. The problem is that the python bindings need to match the C++ Qt installtion on the N900 and sometimes the releases aren't simultaneous which causes these problems.

---

Originally Posted by tuxsavvy View Post
A couple of suggestions for future alarmed:
1) Allow importing of old alarm_queue.ini.
2) Add workday functionality for one to use in events. Like in symbian phones, they allow you to set workdays for alarm to go off and you can simply uncheck days of the week off instead of manually turning off each alarm you set for that workday.
3) Maybe a custom event that allows one to set for specific event to happen for instance every month? E.g. my mobile broadband quota gets reset on the 22nd of every month but I can't set that easily without having to change it after the date has gone past.
1+2) Probably not going to happen in my life time
3) This is already possible. Simply choose 'Once a month' and then choose a date. The event will run every month starting at the date you chose. In your case, just set it to the 22nd of September and it will always run on the 22nd of every month from thereon. To be honest, I'm not exactly sure what happens if you choose a date between 29 and 31 in months that don't have that date, it's been too far back. Assume that they wont be run.
  • "ytcli", a simple but effective command line youtube client which allows you to play videos from the CLI instantly or download videos on a queue.

Last edited by shapeshifter; 2011-09-05 at 23:27.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shapeshifter For This Useful Post:
Posts: 569 | Thanked: 462 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ USA
Awesome, put a Donate button in your first post!

Posts: 343 | Thanked: 819 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Paris, France
thanks for the update.
I can confirm that upgrading Alarmed is causing issue when launching the application: it gives a segmentation fault.
It seems that somehow something along the upgrade in extra-devel is causing the issue:
here is the info of the upgrade from FAM (faster application manager)=
REMOVE
pyside-qt4-maemo5 0.3.1-1maemo2
libpyside0.3 0.3.1-1maemo2
libshiboken0.3 0.3.1-0maemo1
pyside-qt4-core 1.0.3-1maemo2
pyside-qt4-gui 1.0.3-1maemo2

INSTALL/UPGRADE
libshiboken1.0 1.0.5-1maemo1
libpyside1.0 1.0.5-1maemo1
python-psyide.qtmaemo5 1.0.5-1maemo1
alarmed 0.3.0-1

I have no clue to see if there is a problem with dependencies, or something that changed in pyside -qt or any sort of conflict...
So I had to revert to the extra-testing version to have it working again.

Posts: 569 | Thanked: 462 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by tuxsavvy View Post
Is this a different implementation than using the "Weekly" alarm type, which then allows you to select the days of the week the event will be triggered? That is how I set up functions that differ on workdays & weekends.

Posts: 343 | Thanked: 819 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Paris, France
Originally Posted by shaihkritzer View Post
my Alarmed refuse to start. didn't mention when it began. after I open it from main menu, the app seems to load a bit and then just closes. It was working fine any time before. Still, my sound profile changes correctly, so the app still works, but no GUI. tried to refresh to newer version - appmanaged stopped with some package conflict error (can't remember which exactly). Later, I've deleted the app with x-terminal and installed with apt-get command - install successfuly, but don't start anyway. reinstalled with appmanager - no errors, but don't work either. profiles change normally. How can I return the working GUI?

PR 1.3, overclocked to 900 mhz.

If there's something wrong with the new version, where can I get the older version to downgrade to?
I think this is the same issue I am facing (see two posts above). Try to use the version from extra-testing and do not update with the version on extra-devel.
I believe you can just remove the application and install it again with extra-devel not activated.